Mask chat

So, I don't wear a mask anymore as a general rule, and unless I'm in a position where I'll imminently be told to wear a mask, I simply don't wear one. Yes, I realize that this is against the rules. No, I don't care, nor I will not be convinced to wear one. The government, for reasons unknown to me, seems to insist on keeping the mask mandate in place for the foreseeable future, which in my opinion, is ridiculous.

Are you doing the same, or do you continue to wear a mask? Let's discuss.

Edited by misterworldwide
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

(Sighs) I've only seen a handful of people not wearing masks here and they're all westerners...making us look bad. It doesn't really matter if you agree with the mandate it's simple to put a mask on, everybody else is dealing with the same thing. It's not like the Thai government is really getting its rocks off making you wear a mask just for fun...it's for public health and they already announced that they'll loosen the mandate soon. Just wait another month and you probably won't even have to fight about it and go against the flow to go maskless in open air areas.

• Like 2

If wearing a mask means it will lessen the chance of me getting fever/chills for 3 days, why not use it?  Is wearing a mask going to hurt you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I haven't wore a mask since day 1, unless entering a vendor (7-11, Makro, etc) that requires one.

On my morning scooter cruise today, surfside, saw a non-Thai couple masked up, proper & tight.  Actually looked a bit uncomfy.  Approx. 2.5 kms walkway along the surf, and they were the only ones out for a late morning stroll.

Good for a chuckle to myself, as I really can't wrap my head around it.  Oh well ....

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bbko said:

If wearing a mask means it will lessen the chance of me getting fever/chills for 3 days, why not use it?  Is wearing a mask going to hurt you?

A couple days of a sniffle, a bit of discomfort vs 2 yrs till whenever (maybe forever ?) of discomfort wearing a mask ...

hmm .... let me think about that

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Two years on and yet so many farang just don't seem to understand this. Masks protect OTHER PEOPLE, and it's socially responsible to wear one. That's what being part of a community means.

Vaccines do not stop you from getting sick, but they do minimize the effects of the virus if you contract the disease. They are not a conspiracy to steal your money or your freedom, although many farang do believe that anything having to do with government, regardless of which country, is part of a conspiracy to enslave them.

The thing is we are back to the beginning again where the vulnerable should wear a mask not everyone else 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Two years on and yet so many farang just don't seem to understand this. Masks protect OTHER PEOPLE, and it's socially responsible to wear one. That's what being part of a community means.

Vaccines do not stop you from getting sick, but they do minimize the effects of the virus if you contract the disease. They are not a conspiracy to steal your money or your freedom, although many farang do believe that anything having to do with government, regardless of which country, is part of a conspiracy to enslave them.

Thank you for saying exactly what I just said.

I wear a mask, its a bit some do some don't these days 

I don't feel in any danger from the maskless, had 3 Pfizer vaccinations

Fully understand those tired of mask wearing and don't get annoyed or upset, life goes on, as I say more and more becoming relaxed concerning mask wearing it is what it is ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

How many times do you need telling that masks are to stop YOU from giving the virus to others, not to protect you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Perhaps you might think about someone's grandmother that you might infect should you have the virus but be asymptomatic. Or someone's parent who is already in poor health. THAT is what wearing a mask is about. Not about your comfort.

IMHO ... Easier for me to stay away from granny, and for granny to take precautions.  When & if, I'm around the high risk, I'd wear one.  But do I really need to any other time.

Next they'll be asking people to wear condoms all the time, to avoid unwanted pregnancies, even when they are not having sex.  That's what I equate mask wearing to, when there is no need to.  

The vulnerable need to social distance & mask up, not everyone else.  IMHO

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/23/2022 at 11:31 PM, misterworldwide said:

No we do not wear masks here but we are not in Thailand at the moment.

Thankfully our as well as most if not all of the western world has accepted Covid for what it now is here.

Look even in Italy one of the most hard hit by Covid has just completed the

Giro D' Italia 2022 with hundreds of thousands if not more spectators lining the streets all unmasked.

What is sad though is to see many Foreigners here on this forum have adopted Anutin's & Payuth's sky is falling mentality. At least Anutin & Prayuth had an ulterior motive in keeping streets empty till elections

These brainwashed foreigners though have no excuse for such simple mindedness

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mania said:

No we do not wear masks here but we are not in Thailand at the moment.

Thankfully our as well as most if not all of the western world has accepted Covid for what it now is here.

Look even in Italy one of the most hard hit by Covid has just completed the

Giro D' Italia 2022 with hundreds of thousands if not more spectators lining the streets all unmasked.

What is sad though is to see many Foreigners here on this forum have adopted Anutin's & Payuth's sky is falling mentality. At least Anutin & Prayuth had an ulterior motive in keeping streets empty till elections

These brainwashed foreigners though have no excuse for such simple mindedness

Your hilarious with your view of it being simple mindedness.  It's about following the rules in place in the country in which you live.  Sorry I can not compare it to following traffic laws here, which the locals don't, but foreigners do.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your hilarious with your view of it being simple mindedness.  It's about following the rules in place in the country in which you live.  Sorry I can not compare it to following traffic laws here, which the locals don't, but foreigners do.

If I'm not mistaken, there is no law stating mask are required.  

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220203155951127 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If the shop or store iam entering requires one i happily put one on.

I now bulk shop for food/booze/ciggies so the need to enter a shop/store is minimal..... Had to go into a 7/11 a few weeks ago... think thas the last time I wore a mask.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If I'm not mistaken, there is no law stating mask are required.  

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220203155951127 

Required or law, does it make a difference as it's a rule and punishable by a fine, at least it was.  Your choice to follow the requests as they have in place or not, yet you still wear one for stores etc...

• Like 1