ASEAN NOW re-launches World News Forum

george

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Reopening will go some way to make up for lack of interest in the regional forums.

And a renaming back to TV ? ????

Yup, regional forums are a waste of time IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to be clear, the posting of false or misleading information will not be allowed and sources that are not credible will not be permitted.  With regard to situations like Covid, our rule is derived from the Royal Thai Government's Emergency Decree. 

With regard to sources such as RT, it would generally not be allowed.  It rates very low on factual reporting:

image.png

Great to see World News back. For the life of me, I couldn't see the reason for withdrawing it, it always was a lively forum.

And great to see George back!

Thai political news has been subdued since the dissolution of FF but that may change soon with Chadchart's Bangkok victory.

Yes, change the title again: ' Thailand and Beyond'.

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

"NOTE: Forum rules applies. We are also doing a major overhaul of the forum rules to be announced shortly. "

Let's hope these changes include a sustained effort to drive out the anti Thai obsessives, the Thai haters, Thai bashers and generalised anti Thai racism whose constant trolling is a distraction.

It seems you are not able to differ between criticism and ANTI-THAI-xxxxx.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

Let me say up front, my post is not intended to question forum policies but more of a honest and legitimate question I feel (some) forum members would like to know.  I do agree false information is not good for open discussion which, IMO, causes flaming and trolling.  But what source(s) does ASEAN NOW use to determine what is credible?  If an internal decision making process, then ok, but why not reveal how subject matter is deemed credible....or not?  Thanks.

It’s early days with the reopening of World News . We will do our best to provide News, but we currently don’t have a list, as we are under negotiations with news providers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

You are so desperate for clicks - why don't you stop and think what has driven traffic away from this site.

We are not desperate for clicks. We just have more resources available when Covid (hopefully) is over and Thailand and other countries are recovering. And yes, my task is to drive more traffic to the site and help publish useful and interesting content. We want AN to be a better place for our visitors.

23 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Can we have the same hopes for this forum as others had regarding Elon Musk and Twitter?

Wow. You're suggesting that AN/TV bans certain members because of their views or opinions?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

"NOTE: Forum rules applies. We are also doing a major overhaul of the forum rules to be announced shortly. "

Let's hope these changes include a sustained effort to drive out the anti Thai obsessives, the Thai haters, Thai bashers and generalised anti Thai racism whose constant trolling is a distraction.

Post of the year, so far. 

Hear, hear!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scott said:

Just to be clear, the posting of false or misleading information will not be allowed ...

With regard to sources such as RT, it would generally not be allowed.  It rates very low on factual reporting:

It's a shame that policy is not applied to some members' posts!

And I doubt that any member is seriously expecting you to use RT as a source! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a shame that policy is not applied to some members' posts!

They are, but we cannot be everywhere all the time. Thats why the report function is there to bring to the attention of Moderators.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was suggested by a forum member earlier in this thread. That's why Scott responded to that particular issue in his post above.

28 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was suggested by a forum member earlier in this thread. That's why Scott responded to that particular issue in his post above.

I know.   

You think that member was serious?!  That why I responded that way.

That's just a question, not a comment on moderation.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

No disrespect George, we older generation "ThaiVisa" members much prefer the prancing leopard as an avatar over your ageing image!

Good luck with the come back I, for one, certainly missed you.

• Like 1