Thai Ministry of Public Health to propose ending mask mandates by mid June

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nobody said you couldn't wear one. Wear a full Hazmat suit with WW2 style gas mask if you like. 

Just don't impose your personal choice on others.

Personally I am over it. I've complied for over 2 years now and I'm sick of the things.

You can't read very well, all I am saying is it's my choice!

Just now, vandeventer said:

You can't read very well, all I am saying is it's my choice!

I'm well aware what you are saying. I am saying there is no point for you to keep stating the obvious, since nobody has ever suggested that you won't be allowed to wear one. 

The topic is about being forced to wear one.

Does this really make sense when B4 and B5 are about to take over and are much more transmissible. Omicron is spread by droplets in the air so taking off your mask seems counter-productive. What they should be doing away with is the hand cleansers when you enter every building because they make no sense at all now. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My (daft) wife wears one alone in the car and on the bike. I only wear one in shops, when I have to.

I had no idea they wear supposed to be worn by solo motorcyclists.... but let's not worry about crash helmets, which (the lack of) cause more deaths per day than almost anything else here.

It really is an amazing society where a few senior members of each community are still brainwashed enough (or don't do any research or using rational thought) and are then followed by their juniors/lessers! 

There's something good to be said for younger Thais being able to see the rest of the world in social media!

• Like 2

They can relax whatever non-laws they like, I suspect that many of the ordinary Thai people are going to insist on mask-wearing in shops and markets anyway. I was in a local 7-eleven a few days ago and three young Indian guys walked in, not one of them wearing a mask. The staff and the Thai customers went doolally and a few seconds later three very sheepish-looking Indians were back out on the street, looking very chastened. I doubt that edicts from on high in Bangkok will change what has become ingrained behaviour over the last 2 1/2 years.

• Like 2

The many and very detailed rules to protect yourself against Covid are still valid because Covid is still present, albeit in less virulent forms.
Among the most important are:
Maintain an interpersonal safety distance of at least one meter. If impossible, wear a mask.
Wear a mask in all indoor public places or places open to the public.
In addition, the scientific evidence currently available indicates that the survival time of the virus on surfaces varies depending on the type of surface.
The detection times of viral particles on the most common surfaces vary from a few hours (e.g. on paper) to several days (e.g. on plastic and stainless steel).
The decision of Thailand and many other countries to ban masks is a political decision  based on the reasoning that with the same risk of infection, infections decrease due to the greater protection provided by vaccines, together with a reasoning of economic opportunity,

Edited by martand
more details added
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mania said:

Cue Anutin to now make his announcement that he will allow "Thai's" to first be allowed to wear no mask with Foreigners perhaps later being allowed to also remove them ????

yep can see that happening ..why not we are treated like we dont exist anyway ..Whoops sorry except for our hard earned cash 

TP perfect example Farangs only all thsis no probs ..

1 hour ago, martand said:

The many and very detailed rules to protect yourself against Covid are still valid because Covid is still present, albeit in less virulent forms.
Among the most important are:
Maintain an interpersonal safety distance of at least one meter. If impossible, wear a mask.
Wear a mask in all indoor public places or places open to the public.
In addition, the scientific evidence currently available indicates that the survival time of the virus on surfaces varies depending on the type of surface.
The detection times of viral particles on the most common surfaces vary from a few hours (e.g. on paper) to several days (e.g. on plastic and stainless steel).
The decision of Thailand and many other countries to ban masks is a political decision  based on the reasoning that with the same risk of infection, infections decrease due to the greater protection provided by vaccines, together with a reasoning of economic opportunity,

I must have missed the bit where Thailand had decided to "ban masks"!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I wore that damn mask religiously, everywhere, out of respect for the guidance and because I had no wish to catch Covid. Even doubled up on flights around the country. Had the cleanest hands ever from using my handy alcohol spray plus all the public stations. Despite this I still caught Covid and I didn't even realise I had it for at least 3 days. Very mild and there was me with "underlying conditions" being nice and compliant. Didn't wear the damn for 3 weeks in London with all the crowds, underground, shops restaurants etc  ..... and nada, nothing. Now the rule is very simple if the person I am with/talking to chooses not to wear one, neither do I. Make it a choice.

I will wear on SkyTrain, taxi, in 7--11, Family Mart , gym and  probably malls.  Not out jogging, riding bikes or sitting on beach unless really crowded.

• Like 1

But wasn't Anutin just saying a few days ago that he was proposing to make them mandatory?

Guess I should've known that a couple of days later there would be a statement completely contradicting his earlier remonstrations!

7 hours ago, 2long said:

My (daft) wife wears one alone in the car and on the bike. I only wear one in shops, when I have to.

I had no idea they wear supposed to be worn by solo motorcyclists.... but let's not worry about crash helmets, which (the lack of) cause more deaths per day than almost anything else here.

It really is an amazing society where a few senior members of each community are still brainwashed enough (or don't do any research or using rational thought) and are then followed by their juniors/lessers! 

There's something good to be said for younger Thais being able to see the rest of the world in social media!

I challenged one (pro Gov't?) poster on here to give me a valid, logical reason for having to wear a mask while driving alone on a motor bike.

His answer?  "So that when you get pulled over by the cops you won't get fined"!!! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1