Thai Ministry of Public Health to propose ending mask mandates by mid June

snoop1130

13 hours ago, martand said:

The many and very detailed rules to protect yourself against Covid are still valid because Covid is still present, albeit in less virulent forms.
Among the most important are:
Maintain an interpersonal safety distance of at least one meter. If impossible, wear a mask.
Wear a mask in all indoor public places or places open to the public.
In addition, the scientific evidence currently available indicates that the survival time of the virus on surfaces varies depending on the type of surface.
The detection times of viral particles on the most common surfaces vary from a few hours (e.g. on paper) to several days (e.g. on plastic and stainless steel).
The decision of Thailand and many other countries to ban masks is a political decision  based on the reasoning that with the same risk of infection, infections decrease due to the greater protection provided by vaccines, together with a reasoning of economic opportunity,

@martand i bet you're a bundle of laughs in a bar

• Like 1

The logical and common sense thing would be to let people wear or don't wear, up to the individual.

BUT.... since they went the extreme one way -- to wear (by law/suggestion/et al) the facial diaper -- I fantasize they go the OTHER extreme and create a "law" and penalize anyone who DOES wear the thing -- only for a year or two -- just to normalize people's lives; then let the pendulum swing back to the middle.

Until I see the smiles of the Thais, there is no LOS.

Pure and simple.

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

@martand i bet you're a bundle of laughs in a bar

Sadly no but I would gladly laugh reading a post of yours that tries to respond in a meaningful way to the opinion and facts presented by others. Or maybe you just leave the bar, grab a banana and get back in the jungle so we are all better off

Edited by martand

14 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I wore that damn mask religiously, everywhere, out of respect for the guidance and because I had no wish to catch Covid. Even doubled up on flights around the country. Had the cleanest hands ever from using my handy alcohol spray plus all the public stations. Despite this I still caught Covid and I didn't even realise I had it for at least 3 days. Very mild and there was me with "underlying conditions" being nice and compliant. Didn't wear the damn for 3 weeks in London with all the crowds, underground, shops restaurants etc  ..... and nada, nothing. Now the rule is very simple if the person I am with/talking to chooses not to wear one, neither do I. Make it a choice.

Since you already caught Covid before your trip back to UK you wouldn't have causht it as your imunity was high from previous infection and shots if you had them,

22 hours ago, 2long said:

My (daft) wife wears one alone in the car and on the bike. I only wear one in shops, when I have to.

I had no idea they wear supposed to be worn by solo motorcyclists.... but let's not worry about crash helmets, which (the lack of) cause more deaths per day than almost anything else here.

It really is an amazing society where a few senior members of each community are still brainwashed enough (or don't do any research or using rational thought) and are then followed by their juniors/lessers! 

There's something good to be said for younger Thais being able to see the rest of the world in social media!

My(Thai) Mrs. see's the rest of the world  via  social media, & she has witnessed it first hand on our European  travels.. but  she still thinks  the world should listen to Thailand !!!, because as we all know they can do no wrong !!!

Edited by actonion
  • Thanks 1