Tariff cost to bring my 55” tv back to Thailand

chopper23

Pros and Cons.

You seem to LIKE your TV now.  Your new Thai TV might easily be much, much worse.  100x worse.  drive you crazy worse!  nightmare worse!  but it will be cheap and could last more than 1 hour.  if money is nothing to you, ship everything.  but you are asking about money, so it's tough.  I can put all my belongings in a toothbrush holder, so I'm good.

in hindsight, I would have brought about 50 items from back in farangland....instead, I keep buying junk and more junk and more junk and this junk gets more expensive and keeps breaking and it's junk, junk, junk.   

last time I was shopping, saw a brand I liked.   Store owner, who must have liked me, says, "fake, Chinese fake, you no want."

now I'm convinced even I'm not real

Edited by Iamfalang

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wouldn't you also say that that decision would be up to the OP? Checked luggage frequently contains well-protected, fragile items.

I made a specific comparison between the items,nothing to do with decisions,or the fact that it is pot luck regarding the handling of items,fragile,or not! As can be evidenced by video's that have been posted in the public domain.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

I would say there is a tad difference between taking in Sports Equipment,and a Tv with an easily breakable screen and sensitive electronic partsl!

Also in the amount of Customs Duty payable on arrival! ????

"If your TV fits withing the dimensions and weight for the route being travelled, you may carry an LED/LCD TV as part of your checked-in luggage. For items which fit the specified maximum size, but exceed the standard free baggage allowance mentioned on the ticket, normal excess baggage charges will be applied."

So as I said it depends on the Airline etc. As for the duty payable, thats what the Op was enquiring about and based on the information provided......

Duty & Tax Charges

Duty: 2001.2 THB (Rate of 20 %)

VAT: 840.51 THB (Rate of 7 %)

Total: 2841.71 THB

30 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"If your TV fits withing the dimensions and weight for the route being travelled, you may carry an LED/LCD TV as part of your checked-in luggage. For items which fit the specified maximum size, but exceed the standard free baggage allowance mentioned on the ticket, normal excess baggage charges will be applied."

So as I said it depends on the Airline etc. As for the duty payable, thats what the Op was enquiring about and based on the information provided......

Duty & Tax Charges

Duty: 2001.2 THB (Rate of 20 %)

VAT: 840.51 THB (Rate of 7 %)

Total: 2841.71 THB

I know it can be shipped,but why take the chance of it being totalled?

Plus you would need to include insurance to those figures! Just in case it gets damaged ✈????