Officials eye rail travel to help boost tourism in Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

image.jpeg

File photo

By Online Reporter

Officials have discussed using rail travel as a means to help promote tourism throughout the province.

On Tuesday, Mr. Sathien Charoenruen, Governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan Province chaired a meeting between provincial officials and representatives from the tourism industry.

The aim of the meeting was to formulate a provincial tourism development plan in an effort to revitalize the local economy post COVID-19.

Ms Saengchan Kaewpratumrasmee, from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports Prachuap Khiri Khan Province presented a plan to promote railway tourism across the province’s eight districts.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/officials-eye-rail-travel-to-help-boost-tourism-in-prachuap-khiri-khan/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Going by train makes good sense but it needs to be easy and no slower than going by road. There's many beaches and resorts all the way down to surat Thani that are close to the train line. 

• Like 1

Prachuap Khiri Khan will be the next destination for new expats who want a bit more quiet life, but still in reach of Bangkok via the new Fast train. I might invest there for future soon, and build something I can retire from Isan when enough will be enough. 

Beautiful little province capital unlike any other in Thailand. Reminds me more of an old spanish or portuguise fishing village, than a thai city. Further south you find new investment projects and especially sweedish colonies around Huay Yang

https://thailandbo.se/en/huay-yang-eng/

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Prachuap Khiri Khan will be the next destination for new expats who want a bit more quiet life, but still in reach of Bangkok via the new Fast train. I might invest there for future soon, and build something I can retire from Isan when enough will be enough. 

Hua Hin will be turned into the West Pattaya model soon.

I looked to locate there a few years ago and saw all the resort farang buildings going up, roads are a nightmare during normal days, peak times it's a nightmare.

Prices were escalating for everything... 

Covid halted that, but I'm sure it will be re-kindled.

Head further south and that's a better option.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Hua Hin will be turned into the West Pattaya model soon.

I looked to locate there a few years ago and saw all the resort farang buildings going up, roads are a nightmare during normal days, peak times it's a nightmare.

Prices were escalating for everything... 

Covid halted that, but I'm sure it will be re-kindled.

Head further south and that's a better option.

Hua Hin is doomed, and the traffic there during high season is a nightmare, which can only be solved by more public transportation or a complete new ring road. Further south you can still establish yourself with a decent villa for less than 5 millions. 

It will be flooded by asian tourist in the future is my best guess. 

• Like 1