Palestinian report says Israel deliberately killed Al Jazeera's Shireen Abu Aqla

webfact

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Exactly who even insinuated her ethat Israel shouldn't exist? The topic is about Israeli crimes against humanity, specifically the killing of a journalist it didn't like. Where is the anti-semitism there?

As I said, our engagement on this thread is over. Not into games.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As I said, our engagement on this thread is over. Not into games.

Then you should rescind your allegation. I took personal offence at being accused of anti-semitism. You may not have intended to state that but the mention of it was in reply to my post.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

Thousands of Israeli nationalists, some of them chanting “Death to Arabs,” paraded through the heart of the main Palestinian thoroughfare in Jerusalem’s Old City on Sunday, in a show of force that risked setting off a new wave of violence in the tense city.

Jerusalem police were criticized internationally for beating mourners at Abu Akleh’s funeral two weeks ago.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-middle-east-jerusalem-israel-0a6080b491cebc2aa830986029816976

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think he is right wing and I don't think his criteria are worthless either. He is very much for a Palestinian state. That is not right wing. Of course that housing thing was very wrong. You're wrong to not get the antisemitic aspect with some criticism of Israel. It is different. One might criticize the Brazilian government's treatment of indigenous. But people don't say Brazil doesn't deserve to exist or defend itself. But many people say stuff like that about Israel all the time.

You really aren't familiar with his career are you?

He worked for Sheldon Adelson. Remember him? The guy who did his best to drive Arabs out of Jerusalem. He helped to create the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies.

He strongly opposed removing Israeli settlements from Gaza.

And so forth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You really aren't familiar with his career are you?

He worked for Sheldon Adelson. Remember him? The guy who did his best to drive Arabs out of Jerusalem. He helped to create the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies.

He strongly opposed removing Israeli settlements from Gaza.

And so forth.

Fair enough.

But I still think his criteria to determine the nature of Israel criticism is useful.

Also the most far right wing Israelis are definitely not OK with a Palestinian state.

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Anybody with critical thinking skills understands that criticizing a government is not criticizing a religion.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people including most politicians, civil servants and journalists are not capable of critical thinking. The religion card is played by both sides to shut down their critics i.e. you criticise my politics, therefore you criticise my religion because in that part of the world politics and religion arre closely intertwined.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Show me that law because I call total B.S. Israel is a democracy and Israelis argue with each other over all kinds of government policies. 

I’m sure you can see who is of good faith here and who is not, who has been brainwashed by one-sided media and who has not.