Stupid Road Signs & Paint (& lack of)

2long

I am sure many of us getting annoyed by the lack of warnings for dangerous corners, speed humps or rail crossings.

Equally, many of us get frustrated by there being TOO MUCH warning for nothing special.

I would like to invite members to post pictures of stupidly-painted roads or road signs, or the lack of them when needed.

I will get the ball rolling with some "watch your speed" 'rumble strips' on a brand-new road that comes from nowhere. Just 325 metres before these warning strips the road is a dead end. All that happens there is taxi drivers sleeping and maybe some illegal meetings.

This is the location and a screenshot as well I hope. https://goo.gl/maps/eExNmP3wqQdkphgm6

image.png.9fc233c721dd777edff1b7505588396d.png

At my local cross-roads/road junction, new , high tech signs were put up last year, so that warning lights come on when a vehicle approaches.  Possibly a good idea, but, the link from waning sensors had been wrongly set up so warning is set off by vehicles coming from the other direction.  Wasn't checked when installed, and not noticed since, but this is Thailand 4.0 and someone in LT Dept. has made some money installing such hi-Tech signs. TIT

NB Everyone ignored the old written signs and the new flashing lights are no better.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

You know, the strangest (wierd) thing I noticed, is the broad white line painted at T junctions is set back some 20ft from the actual junction, if you actually stopped on that line, you cannot possibly see in either direction more than about the same 20ft, totally useless!

Do not get me started on the 'everyone stop' T-junctions! ????????????????

There are loads near me, and you quite rightly point out that if you stop on the line you can't see. Plus lines wear off and it's a recipe for disaster!

• Like 1

Another pet peev, the U turn lane, go in there get to the front and they stick a roadsign there that blocks the view of the oncoming traffic ! So you have to carry on round almost into the lane of oncoming traffic to see what's coming. Arrgghhhhh

Next time I'm out there I'll get a pic.

• Like 1

The main road which passes our village some 3km away was upgraded to a dual carriageway around 2-3 years ago. But they still haven't changed the signage on the rural roads that connect with it.

At the end of one of them there is still a crossroads sign, despite there no longer being one and at another junction the direction sign still says That Thanom left, Sakon Nakhon right. Don't what ever you do obey the Sakon Nakhon direction arrow!

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

You know, the strangest (wierd) thing I noticed, is the broad white line painted at T junctions is set back some 20ft from the actual junction, if you actually stopped on that line, you cannot possibly see in either direction more than about the same 20ft, totally useless!

And, at around election time, you can guarantee that there will be a few billboards to block the view when you reach the junction.

image.jpeg.0fe873f95487433f9e8add049612c632.jpeg

• Like 2

Lane markings. Once they've worn out, it's highly unlikely that they'll get replaced. Even when a section of road gets resurfaced they seem happy to leave it with no markings to indicate lanes.

Also have to agree with the Election Posters always blocking sight lines.