New Hua Hin train station will be the first elevated train station in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

The dual track train line, which will herald a new era of rail travel between Bangkok, Hua Hin and the south of Thailand is on track for completion.

The Department of Rail Transport (DRT) has said the construction of the Southern Line, which will connect Nakhon Pathom with Chumphon over a distance of 421 kilometers, is now 92 percent complete.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

In Hua Hin, arguably the most visible part of the project concerns the construction of the new train station which will accommodate the dual track train line.

The new train is located next to Hua Hin’s existing and iconic train station and will maintain much of the design elements of the original station, which is set to be transformed into a museum once the new station is open.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/new-hua-hin-train-station-will-be-the-first-elevated-train-station-in-thailand/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I live in Khon Kaen and it's elevated? I have climbed the stairs. What about the MRT / BTS in Bangkok? Am I misreading this?

Thailand 4.6900438.....Hub of everything including terd polishing

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Trains and elevation makes me nervous here for some reason ????

Much better for the guys that never look each way.....dozens taken out each year for the same.."there's no train at this time"...

• Like 1

New Hua Hin train station will be the first elevated train station in Thailand

With due respect, and as stated elsewhere, not so!

Khon Kaen already has an operational elevated railway station on the North Eastern Line:

New Khon Kaen Railway Station Double Stock Photo 1527701978 | Shutterstock

Went to have a look at this last week. Cheap and nasty using colourbond for roofing. 

A bit of foliage might help it but <deleted> they could have put some more imagination into it. They do design and build some beautiful buildings in temples etc. 

15 minutes ago, damian said:

Went to have a look at this last week. Cheap and nasty using colourbond for roofing. 

A bit of foliage might help it but <deleted> they could have put some more imagination into it. They do design and build some beautiful buildings in temples etc. 

I'm thinking (hoping!) maybe they put some cheap roofing to get them by until its actually all finalized and built underneath ?
Then they can lay on the good stuff in 2 years when its actually ready, rather than have it burn out next 2 years ?  Like with all the dust + dirt from construction and stuff below.

Just an idea, you might be right and its cheap stuff for the long haul.