June and July set to see fireworks in Thai politics with Thamanat poised to lead Setthakij Thai Party

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It is suggested he is thinking beyond the current government which looks weakened from last weekend’s resounding election victory in Bangkok for the Pheu Thai Party,

Ah, so he's looking to re-position himself for a further feeding at the pig trough

• Like 1

What happened to the report that Prayuth could not stay after May 22 since he was PM (or some acting form) for 8 yrs?

Did the Constitutional Court give him a pass?  I don't remember seeing anything after the date he was supposed to go ... 

I’m sure Mr P will find a way to shoot him down a few notches. Seems like anyone that is a threat is squashed. Hopefully one will get by sooner than later. He definitely needs to go. 

Politically I think he is done. No way that he will be accepted in any form by PTP and MFP. Both party’s image will take a dent if they work with Thamanat with his tainted past. His rise to power was meteoric and so will be his fall. 

The ever fashionable generic cycle of Political Identity of the Month Club. 

As if there might be a difference. 

Part and parcel of the misdirection/sleight-of-hand show that most are drawn into.