Don't smoke weed and drive - it's the same as DUI of alcohol

webfact

18 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Only a stoner could interpret that as a false dichotomy - the alternative is not "driving drunk" - it's driving SOBER. ..or do you think it is essential to take some form of drug before driving????

And only a believer in reefer madness could completely dismiss those conclusions. 

I am not a stoner. And I drink very little. So, your conclusions are absurd, and based only on your  emotional baggage. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Only a stoner could interpret that as a false dichotomy - the alternative is not "driving drunk" - it's driving SOBER. ..or do you think it is essential to take some form of drug before driving????

I must say a few hits made the ride to Reno, Nv a bit more fun. 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, RayOday said:

Driving on the wrong side of the road without smoking weed appears to be more dangerous. Wake up RTP and do your job. Checkpoints do not work except for out of compliance commercial vehicles. 

20220211_070213.jpg

Should have used the pavement/sidewalk...

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And only a believer in reefer madness could completely dismiss those conclusions. 

I am not a stoner. And I drink very little. So, your conclusions are absurd, and based only on your  emotional baggage. 

Then you have no excuse for your lack of critical thinking on this matter!

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Thunglom said:

well, you are wrong.

Even after saliva tests you then have to have blood test. In the UK they have brought back the archaic roadside impairment tests - there is no real way of proving how stoned someone is.

Yes but that isnt the issue is it ?? thats a totally different reason (to determine how much is in the bloodstream).. What I am saying is a saliva test doesn't last for 'weeks' as the comment I replied to said.. That is not 'wrong' thanks.. 

A saliva test is reliable for 12 hours up to a max of +- 36 hours depending on intoxication and person.. Its a binary result yes or no and then requires a blood test follow up to determine blood levels. 

• Sad 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:39 AM, garyk said:

No you do not know what you are talking about. It was legalized years ago for the hill tribes in the north.  Something to do with their religion and traditions.  They can grow it and use it for their tradition, but it turned into a cash cow for the police and them.  

Total nonsense.. Please quote the law.. 

It may have been tolerated.. Precisely my point, it was not legal. 

On 5/31/2022 at 2:37 AM, brianthainess said:

Well I noticed they left out the J :stoner: in Marijuana and there is no relaxation in the rules on that anyway only HEMP. Anutin and his merry gang still don't know the difference between these 2 completely different strains of plant.

Totally not true.. June 9th you can grow any strain of weed you like, its no longer illegal as a plant to grow or own. Sales yet to be decided. 

Extracting from the flower / bud to processed extracts (hash, oils, wax, concentrates, shatter etc) will be illegal without licensing and controls.  Plain plant matter of any THC strength is legal 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

What I am saying is a saliva test doesn't last for 'weeks'

Studies have determined that after smoking an average size and strength Cannabis joint, these residues are detectable for a window of up to 8 to12 hours. The cut off level for detection of 12ng/ml was selected to give a laboratory level of overall accuracy of 96% compared to GC/MS saliva testing (laboratory standard)

However what if the mouth has been washed, or the the person being drug tested has eaten or drank since taking THC? well in this case the drug test results may well be negative.

If the THC is removed from the oral cavity or reduced to below 12ng/ml then the result will shown negative, this is why the window is so short, simply put, the longer you go after smoking the less parent compound is left to detect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

:cheesy:    And only someone from the stone age uses that terminology.  ????

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

:cheesy:    And only someone from the stone age uses that terminology.  ????

You can't cure stupid.

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Total nonsense.. Please quote the law.. 

It may have been tolerated.. Precisely my point, it was not legal. 

Yawn 

On 5/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, mikeymike100 said:

How are they going to detect how much you have been smoking? Breathalyzer wont!

Roadside drug testing by police has been used since the 90's in Australia, a swab on the tongue that detects meth, thc and ecstacy

How do random roadside drug tests work?

Victoria Police have the right to pull drivers over at any time and test their saliva for traces of illicit drugs including THC - the active component in cannabis, methamphetamines and ecstasy. You can be tested by any Victoria Police officers including motorcycle, highway patrol and unmarked vehicles.

Drivers are asked to provide a saliva sample by placing a small absorbent pad on their tongue for a few seconds.

The procedure for random roadside drug testing is:

• drivers are asked to provide a saliva sample by placing a small absorbent pad on their tongue for a few seconds
  • the sample is analysed at the roadside, this takes about 3 minutes
  • drivers with a positive result are asked to undertake a further test
  • if this test is also positive, the sample is sent to a laboratory for confirmation
  • the results of this lab test form the basis for charging the driver.

Any driver may be asked to take a saliva test at any time. The saliva tests do not detect prescription drugs or common medications such as cold and flu tablets.

• 2 months later...