Can a male non-immigrant ( O/ marriage visa) visa holder work full time or open a shop?

Dear all,

Can a male ( married to Thai woman) non-immigrant  ( O/ marriage visa) visa holder work full time or open a shop?

What is the legal status of a baby born from outside marriage / cohabitation ( dad non Thai male and mum:  Thai female)?

Thanks

Edited by topswijaya

My wife owns a market shop in what at times is very busy and she often jokes with a hint of seriousness about I go look after the shop for a while why she goes to eat etc. When I tell her it’s illegal for me to do so she really hasn’t any idea that it is so, but from what I read of what Ubonjoe has just said then it seems possible that I can do so if I apply for a work permit under the marriage extension. Am I reading what you say correctly.

50 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

from what I read of what Ubonjoe has just said then it seems possible that I can do so if I apply for a work permit under the marriage extension. Am I reading what you say correctly.

The Non O (marriage) and/or extension based on marriage is only one of the requirements. It is an alternative to, for instance, a Non B visa. You must also meet the other requirements, such as working for a registered business with other employees in addition to your wife.

On 5/30/2022 at 2:52 PM, poppysdad said:

My wife owns a market shop in what at times is very busy and she often jokes with a hint of seriousness about I go look after the shop for a while why she goes to eat etc. When I tell her it’s illegal for me to do so she really hasn’t any idea that it is so, but from what I read of what Ubonjoe has just said then it seems possible that I can do so if I apply for a work permit under the marriage extension. Am I reading what you say correctly.

If your wife's market stall is a registered company with registered capital and a few registered Thai employees then you can apply for a work permit, but not sure "market seller" is professional allowed for foreigners.