Bring or Buy - PC or Playstations

Ryan Lee

Will be looking to move to Thailand soon and my current set up is a Win PC and a PS4.  I am more of a PC gamer but will uses my PS4 Pro occassionally (mostly using it for Netflix and Youtube on big screen).

I have a lot to pack so I am having a hard time deciding whether to bring my PS4 with me.  At the same time, bring the desktop is not practical (given age and size) so I am thinking or getting a gaming laptop either in the USA or in Thailand.

Given I will renting a small condo, wondering if it makes sense to bring my PS4 with me to Thailand.  Do not need a PC immediately, but will get one eventually.  I guess gaming laptops are more expensive but are there good deals to be had in Thailand?

Anything of use or value for my gaming rig o bought with me. Tech (high end) has limited availability and can be extremely expensive here. It’s a toss up between luggage space/over weight and cost of buying new. 
If as you say you’re planning on purchasing a gaming laptop try to purchase now and bring it with you to beat the price increases and import duties 

PS4’s are available used here but most likely at inflated prices (I don’t have any direct knowledge of pricing admittedly) 

FA1A14DF-0D11-4AA7-B66B-485A4BD5C18D.jpeg

imo            don't use laptop for gaming gets to hot, thermal shutdown is common 

i brought in a desktop pc in my luggage   ... easy peasy .. but i made sure the side cover was easily removed for customs to inspect  and covered the top and bottom with clothes            and sure enough they inspected it  ..

Assuming you're from the US? For some more bare-bones laptops you can find comparable prices here, but that price delta increases when you go for anything high quality (discrete gpu). Similarly gpus and cpus have a large markup here, ssds and memory you can get at similar prices if you deal hunt, cases/psus are about the same. Packing at least gpu/cpu or fancy laptop on the way here instead of buying local would be recommended. 

As for the ps4, used market is similar price in both the US and here. ps5 MSRP is actually supposed to be cheaper here than the US but availability means it goes for a bit more. Xbox isn't really a thing here so definitely buy those in the US. Switch is about the same.