Best way to pay Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) Jomtien in 2022

Farang two dot zero

15 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Can you confirm that your able to pay your PEA bill using the QR/Barcode & if so what bank do you use? 

It  all appeared to work easily using Krung Thai and their phone App, NEXT with the QR Code. It was the first time I tried it though and I have no way to confirm it has gone through.... they haven't cut me off yet... and hopefully they won't... it was 3000+ baht!

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 5:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah doesn't work for BB been mentioned before , maybe try the PEA app

Yep If using the PEA App, you can pay via Online Banking and there BBL is listed together with SCB, there are some others listed as well but wait until the 16th and I can tell you which one for sure as then my PEA bill comes.

Ps: The online Banking section in the PEA APP redirects to the Webpage of the Bank you have chosen so you need a UserID and Pwd for that to be able to pay!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The QR code on each PEA bill is specific to that particular month's bill I believe (or at least it was at some point) so might not work to just save one bill (but would work if you could find someone to send you an image of every month's bill).   What I have done for all of my properties that aren't leased out is simply save the electricity 'user number' (found on every month's bill) into the my bank's favorites for PEA payments.  That's enough to generate a current bill each month on your bank's app.  Not sure for all banks, but it works with K Bank, SCB, and GSB.  I then set monthly reminders on my phone to coincide with the meter reading date (it's usually on or around the same day) and just handle it that way.

For PWA (water), I just use their Line app function that generates a barcode that works with most banks' online banking.  You'll also want to set reminders though as your different properties will likely have different billing dates.     

11 hours ago, Heng said:

For PWA (water), I just use their Line app function that generates a barcode that works with most banks' online banking.  You'll also want to set reminders though as your different properties will likely have different billing dates.  

Just paid mine by scanning the QR code in the NEXT Bank App.... wow that is convenient.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, Heng said:

The QR code on each PEA bill is specific to that particular month's bill I believe (or at least it was at some point) so might not work to just save one bill (but would work if you could find someone to send you an image of every month's bill).

The QR code on my last month's bill was usable with KBank's smartphone app.  When I scanned that old bill it come up with the current month's balance owing.

The reason I know is because the leccy bill that came yesterday was incorrectly printed.  The April "bill" was basically a copy of the March bill but it had no QR or bar code and didn't show the meter starting and ending numbers.  It only showed the total usage from March and the total I owed for March.  The bill also showed yesterday's date as the meter read date.

I was very confused because with KBank's app I just normally scan the QR code and pay.  Today I used KBank's app to see my PEA balance but I had to enter the number labelled "(CA/Ref. No. 1)" and then the app showed me the amount of my bill for April.  Since the amount the PEA app displayed was different from the new paper bill I received I did not pay it.  I then downloaded the PEA Smart Plus app and looked up the balance for April.  The amount PEA displayed was the same as KBank's app had displayed.  I went back to KBank app, scanned the QR code from my original paper March bill and paid the amount it displayed (same as PEA showed for April).

• Like 2