Covid Tests in Thailand, when are they required?

TheLaughingMan

Not sure where to post this.  I was planning a big trip to Thailand with my mother but realised Thailand does that hugely invasive and painful nasopharyngeal swab (when they push the swab deep into your nasal canal towards your brain) instead of the test we are used to in our country which just swabs the inside of your nostril.  Theres no way my mother will be able or willing to handle the deep swab so I was wondering when are people being tested in Thailand?  When would she need that deep swab test?  Is it possible to do any other kind of testing?  Thanks for any information.  

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, TheLaughingMan said:

I was planning a big trip to Thailand with my mother but realised Thailand does that hugely invasive and painful nasopharyngeal swab (when they push the swab deep into your nasal canal towards your brain) instead of the test we are used to in our country which just swabs the inside of your nostril. 

You've got it wrong, those tests are no longer enforced on anyone entering the country.

Not true - if you are unvaccinated, you are required to do pre arrival testing in your Thai pass…that doesn’t make sense say you are applying for TP weeks ahead of time…

they say no quarantine at all but  hard to believe should they discover you tested positive along the line…

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Like 1

As long as she us vaccinated, and not planning to undergo surgery or invasive medical procedure, she is nto likely to need to have  a COVID test of any kind at any point in her visit here (unless required for her return home, by her home country)