Anyone interested in NFL game pass?

niteowl

Is anyone interested in sharing a subscription to NFL Gamepass? I would like to find two, or possibly three, other people who would like to share a subscription. We would have to communicate by email, what time we would want to watch a game, or access their other services.   

The idea is, a total of three or four people share a subscription to NFL Gamepass. One person subscribes, and obtains a user id/password, and then shares it with the others. If two or more people sign on at the same time, the first person who signs on, will be signed off automatically; but I have to believe, if that happened repeatedly, the NFL would cancel your subscription, and no refund would be given. For that reason, it's vital for the people sharing the subscription to communicate with the others, via email preferably, to reserve a time when you want to access Gamepass, to ensure only one person is signed on at a time. Once you have the user id/password, you can use this anywhere there is an internet connection. So, for instance, the Giants were playing the Jaguars (my team) one year; a friend of mine was a Giants fan, and so we arranged to meet at The Pub a day or two after the game had been played. We carefully avoided the internet for the game results, and were able to watch the game on a large screen TV, just as if we were watching the game at home. The entertainment value of a game is spoiled, if you know the outcome before the game starts, is the idea.

A subscription is around $200 USD, or roughly, 6,000 Baht. If three people shared that, it would come to 2,000 Baht each. If four people shared, it would be 1,500 Baht each. In theory, you could have many more people sharing; there are plenty of hours in a week, after all. But, as a practical matter, everyone would want to watch around the same time, within a day or so of the game date; so to prevent conflict, three or four people is optimal. You can watch any game at any time, even watch games from years prior, 24/7, whenever you desire.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:58 AM, Bill97 said:

So let’s cheat the NFL out of a few hundred dollars, save about $150 to get inconvenient schedules with 4 strangers to watch “games” severely damaging peoples brains. Great idea.  

The NFL is already cheating fans. Have you seen the price to attend a game or buy any NFL memorabilia? 

You do realize that it's the choice of those athletics making multi-millions of dollars and nobody is forcing them to do so, don't you?

Isn't there a lot of head injuries in those sports that don't use protective gear like rugby, Australian football, and even soccer?

• Like 1

I have my own subscription - 

And I have found that I only really watch 'my team' and it loses considerable value if I am not watching live... 

Not a situation for me to lose value on a purchase... sounds like a real pain to save a few dollars... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

And I have found that I only really watch 'my team' and it loses considerable value if I am not watching live... 

Not a situation for me to lose value on a purchase... sounds like a real pain to save a few dollars... 

Why not watch it for free, plenty of sites to stream for free.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Isn't there a lot of head injuries in those sports that don't use protective gear like rugby, Australian football, and even soccer?

Of course there is but if you are suggesting even slightly that it is okay because others are doing it then you are sadly mistaken and using very faulty reasoning.

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I do the same, and maybe watch the Monday night game if I decide to wake up early....lol.  Still 16 games plus the playoffs makes it very cheap really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I do the same, and maybe watch the Monday night game if I decide to wake up early....lol.  Still 16 games plus the playoffs makes it very cheap really.

I used to subscribe to the "Regular season only" Gamepass, which cost $140/year; that seemed reasonable. I could have opted for the "Only My Team" subscription, where you only have access to your own selected team's games; as I recall, that option was $99/year. But, starting a few years ago, the NFL eliminated the economy packages, and forced everyone onto the full service, most expensive subscription, around $200/year. And that seemed excessive. I've tried the more expensive cable TV sports packages, but since my team (Jaguars) is not one of the popular teams, I might only get to watch 2 to 4 games a year. I'd also tried the free streaming sites, particularly one originating in Europe, but found them to be generally low quality. Plus, I often found they wouldn't stream my team's games at all, since again, my team isn't popular. Not to mention, you often had color commentary in French, Bulgarian, Chinese, or some other language; and when you could watch, you had to watch live. 

As I said, I was OK with paying $140/year, but $200 seems excessive.

17 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Why not watch it for free, plenty of sites to stream for free.

This is a good idea; at first, I thought you were referring to some of the European sites that stream NFL games, which I had tried before, with unsatisfactory results. But, now I see there are a number of American sites that you can access with a VPN, to watch games live. So, my thinking now is live stream the games until mid-season, and if the Jaguars are having a good season (Hey, it could happen!), I could always purchase a subscription then, when it's half-price.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I believe the OP is talking about the more expensive international version of NFL Game Pass, which offers live games and can be used with a regular Thai IP.

I've always gone with the less expensive U.S. version of NFL Game Pass, which requires a U.S. IP address via VPN and makes all games, including the playoffs, available VOD after their completion. But it starts out at about $100 for the year, and gradually has price cuts as the season goes on.

[BTW, you don't get to pick between the two services. If you're using a Thai IP address, you'll only see the Game Pass International option and pricing. But if you're using a U.S. IP address, you'll only see the domestic/VOD U.S. version of Game Pass.]

I've never had a problem with the VOD approach to NFL games here, since the Sunday games typically don't start till about midnight Thai time and finish up around 6-7 am... I choose to sleep regular hours, and then watch the games the next morning/day as suits my schedule.

Also, fyi, the NFL has indicated they're planning to offer a new streaming service this year for about $5 a month (once again, that will require a U.S. IP) that will allow people to watch their local home market games only and only on mobile devices like tablets and mobiles. They've said they're going to offer that, but haven't actually made it available for signups as yet.

• Thanks 1

I subscribe to the Australian Football League package which is only for overseas watchers.

Costs me $190 OZ per year. That works out to be about 180 Baht per week over the season.

For that you get access to all of the games live or replays plus football shows on a dedicated channel.

I tried streaming etc and was getting hit with pop ups, buffering etc, ads etc.

If you're a big fan like myself, I think it's money well spent.

• Like 1