Unintentional, Damage-free Photographing of Others Not Illegal

webfact

22 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Thailand does not have a first amendment to the American constitution. It would be nice to know what they have as far as freedom goes.

Under the military Muppets freedoms in Thailand have been eroded, just look at yet another extension of the emergency decree as an example.

They wouldn't know an emergency if it poked them in the eye.

In recent years all surveys featuring press freedom, personal freedoms etc Thailand has fallen in all of them.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 11:42 AM, LivinLOS said:

The problem is.. Those who do wrong are now shielded.. 

Someone is rude, drives like an ass, parks over multiple disabled spaces etc ?? Upload that proof to FB and suddenly they are 'reputationally damaged'..

Nonsens!!! You can still shot photos and send it to the police for proofing. But you can't publish it on facebook, youtube, ... or you must blur the face!!! But this was the same situation before!!! If you damage someones reputation him can bring you to court. But this not mean him win. 

And this is not so only in Thailand. A lot of countries have the same law.

On 6/4/2022 at 6:43 AM, snowgard said:

And this is not so only in Thailand. A lot of countries have the same law.

Name 1 other country where the libel / defamation law is not based on if it is true or not, only on if the persons reputation is damaged ?? 

On 6/3/2022 at 4:27 AM, RandiRona said:

What harm an upskirt pictures can cause? You really cant identify someone from that pictures...there is everything but face there....

Make a law which is measurable not subject to different interpretations.

Either photography in public places is legal or illegal....what the f is "Damage-Free Photography".

Upskirt photography is demeaning and a form of sexual assault. Thankfully it is now an imprisonment offence in some countries.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The UK?

incorrect.. 

In the UK recording of images in a public place is allowed by law and any statement that is factually true is not libelous or slander. 

You do comprehend the difference here ??  

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Can people still film  in streets and bars etc under this new law? That is the real issue.

If doing so causes reputational damage the person can be charged. The definition of reputational damage is so broad as to to be any loss of face. 

Its already happening.. Traffic report page blurring out traffic offenders. 

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Upskirt photography is demeaning and a form of sexual assault. Thankfully it is now an imprisonment offence in some countries.

Guess many Lady Boys would disagree with your point perhaps ????

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Guess many Lady Boys would disagree with your point perhaps ????

No. I think you will find the majority  of transexuals would not want to be photographed in such  a manner. The majority  of transexuals  are not involved  in the sex trade. You seem seem confused and ill informed as though the only transexual people you have met are iin Thailand or on the sex trade. They are recipients of violence, bullying and unwanted attention. No they do  not their underwear or sexual organs  to be filmed by strangers without permission.  Nobody does.

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

If doing so causes reputational damage the person can be charged. The definition of reputational damage is so broad as to to be any loss of face. 

Its already happening.. Traffic report page blurring out traffic offenders. 

So what about Thailand  vloggers?

16 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Name 1 other country where the libel / defamation law is not based on if it is true or not, only on if the persons reputation is damaged ?? 

North Korea... try bad mouthing the top man there!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

North Korea... try bad mouthing the top man there!

Right so superb company to aspire to keep yeah ?? Thailand, equal to N Korea.. I can see they will be flocking with that slogan.. 

22 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No. I think you will find the majority  of transexuals would not want to be photographed in such  a manner. The majority  of transexuals  are not involved  in the sex trade. You seem seem confused and ill informed as though the only transexual people you have met are iin Thailand or on the sex trade. They are recipients of violence, bullying and unwanted attention. No they do  not their underwear or sexual organs  to be filmed by strangers without permission.  Nobody does.

Well I'll take your word for it as clearly you have extensive experience in that field ????

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Well I'll take your word for it as clearly you have extensive experience in that field ????

I have experience of decency and treating people with respect. 'Upskirting' people is disrespectful. Whatever the  source  of my knowledge regarding the politics of sexuality and gender your inference that my understanding of transexuals is somehow personal or sexual demeans you not me. Your attitude  might  be considered rather immature. Try reading a book or a real newspaper and you will learn that transexual  politics, lifestyle and a whole range of issues including their suffering is currently dominating news agendas around the world.  You can expand  your knowledge   of such people beyond sex workers in Thailand or if you choose you can limit yourself to such  experiences.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, LivinLOS said:

incorrect.. 

In the UK recording of images in a public place is allowed by law and any statement that is factually true is not libelous or slander. 

You do comprehend the difference here ??  

You obviously  do not comprehend the difference in what you are talking about and the point to  which I was responding which had  NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to do with photography, film,  pictures images or video. If you want to see what I was actually  referring to you will have to ACTUALLY  read the comment to which I was responding- not the  one in your  imagination. Lol.

45 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Saw a guy with a big professional looking SONY video camera walk into Nana Plaza. Few minutes, an irate bar owner was smashing it on the street.

Damaged it real good...then a car ran over it. Nice!

Not sure how I feel about that. The wanton, above the law action of the bar-owner, the criminal damage v what I perceive as an infringement of my privacy, by having a camera focused upon me, without my permission, and the images circulated far and wide. 

Bar owners v Video bloggers, its like choosing between the rats and the roaches. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/3/2022 at 9:56 AM, Mitkof Island said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZ ! I have very rarely had any issues with the Thais over the years. When taking a photo I often ask when I am taking a street scene picture never. A video the same I plan to ignore this BS!

Ban selfies now, Blame Putin