Thai Beers - which one is your favorite ?

The Ultimate Thai Beers Showdown  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had a crack at all of them over the last twelve years or so and settled on Leo.

I found that the other two most popular beers, Singha and Chang are, respectively,  too heavy and too gassy for me.
The others are average at best.  Including a few that aren't listed like "My" beer and some of the wheat and fruit beers.

However, for the last eight months or so, I honestly don't know how long it has been - maybe a year, I have been giving Leo No. 8 "Strong Brew" a decent flogging, eschewing the prime Leo unless suppliers are out of stock. of the new kid on the block   For *my* taste, it is one of the best lagers I've had.

On the rare occasion I'm in a city with a pub, I'll drink either the "normal" Leo - haven't seen Leo "Ber Paed" in the few places I've been - or the locally brewed Heineken.

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Nothing in the thread title nor OP about not talking about craft beers or costs.

that was a joke ser. it's an unwritten with of this forum that we only discuss cheap things ????

5 hours ago, The Oracle said:

I had a crack at all of them over the last twelve years or so and settled on Leo.

I found that the other two most popular beers, Singha and Chang are, respectively,  too heavy and too gassy for me.
The others are average at best.  Including a few that aren't listed like "My" beer and some of the wheat and fruit beers.

However, for the last eight months or so, I honestly don't know how long it has been - maybe a year, I have been giving Leo No. 8 "Strong Brew" a decent flogging, eschewing the prime Leo unless suppliers are out of stock. of the new kid on the block   For *my* taste, it is one of the best lagers I've had.

On the rare occasion I'm in a city with a pub, I'll drink either the "normal" Leo - haven't seen Leo "Ber Paed" in the few places I've been - or the locally brewed Heineken.

no sarcasm intended but lucky you that you can drink Lee-oh! my system can't handle it for some reason, after four or five small bottles I get a bit antsy. 

I can't handle Sing-ha or Chaang either so one wonders what I'm doing in the Kingdom LOL.

reminds me of when I went to Cuba and the hotel owner offered me a shot of rum because it was my birthday. when I told him I can't drink rum he said "so why did you come to Cuba?" ????

• Haha 1