Taking private Thai lessons to prepare for Citizenship application in 2 yrs. Help

jack71

On 6/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Neeranam said:

It took me exactly 3 years from application to getting it. This was delayed a couple of months by Covid. 

I applied in Dec 2017. The NIA exam was Jan 2018 and that was the last I had to show WP. I know they say you must keep it but in reality, I wasn't asked, luckily as I didn't have one! 

Yeah, covid definitely threw a spanner into the works. I applied one year ago and only had my NIA interview in February, nearly nine months after I applied. Since you applied, applications appear to be taking a bit longer to process. Interesting to hear about your work permit. I am pretty much ready to retire, but I don't dare turn in my work permit just yet. I will probably wait until the MOI interview before I do that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ecline said:

Yeah, covid definitely threw a spanner into the works. I applied one year ago and only had my NIA interview in February, nearly nine months after I applied. Since you applied, applications appear to be taking a bit longer to process. Interesting to hear about your work permit. I am pretty much ready to retire, but I don't dare turn in my work permit just yet. I will probably wait until the MOI interview before I do that.

I would keep it longer just in case. I heard someone was asked once at the Oath stage. Probably could get around it but why risk it.