On missing England - and so nearly coming to a sticky end!

webfact

I remember the Silver Jubilee of 77 & all the London street parties - Those were the days when everyone knew their neighbours & it was safe to leave your front door open - Sadly days like that will never ever return.

Apart from family & friends, the only thing i miss about the UK is - My local fish & chip shop.

8 hours ago, RobU said:

No such thing as a frivolous complaint if it is upheld. The rules have been changed so that Boris and his staff can get away with 'bending' the rules as they did during lockdown. The greater the power, the greater the punishment should be for breaking even 'minor' rules. Breach of 'minor' (however they are defined) rules is effectively anti social behaviour and it is well demonstrated (the New York study) that anti social behaviour often leads to criminal behaviour when they are allowed to get away with it. The point is that 'minor' is not defined it is left to the opinion of the Prime Minister and his cronies. The UK i leaning towards the corruption of Thailand

Its to stop people making exaggerated complaints , like suggesting that these measures may lead to "criminal behavior"  and the UK is heading towards the levels of corruption that Thailand has .

Those are the types of exaggerated complaints that means that the new rules are necessary .

Another exaggeration is that these rules benefit "Boris and his staff" , where as the new rules are for ALL Politicians , rather than Politicians from any one political party 

4 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I remember the Silver Jubilee of 77 & all the London street parties - Those were the days when everyone knew their neighbours & it was safe to leave your front door open - Sadly days like that will never ever return.

Apart from family & friends, the only thing i miss about the UK is - My local fish & chip shop.

It was only "safe to leave your front door open" because no one had anything worth stealing and the Black and White hired television was too heavy to be carried away 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, RobU said:

You're not missing much in England Rooster. we have had 2 days of good weather so far this summer in my county and the average Temperature is 12 degrees. 

Where about are you living in England ?

The temperature in London ranges from 12 degrees at night to 23 Degrees in the daytime and its been shorts wearing weather since March .

Not only that , light gets light at 4 AM and dark at 10 PM . I prefer the UK weather to the brutal heat of Thailand 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where about are you living in England ?

The temperature in London ranges from 12 degrees at night to 23 Degrees in the daytime and its been shorts wearing weather since March .

Not only that , light gets light at 4 AM and dark at 10 PM . I prefer the UK weather to the brutal heat of Thailand 

I got back from the UK 12 days ago ,was they for a month,bearly warm for the hole time ,I was they ,I was  30 miles west of London ,I saw 23c about twice .

Must agree about the light evenings ,

Last night we had 74 mm of rain mother of all thunderstorms ,life was as normal this morning ,if this had been the UK ,the army would have to be called out to deal with the floods. 

27 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I got back from the UK 12 days ago ,was they for a month,bearly warm for the hole time ,I was they ,I was  30 miles west of London ,I saw 23c about twice .

Must agree about the light evenings ,

Last night we had 74 mm of rain mother of all thunderstorms ,life was as normal this morning ,if this had been the UK ,the army would have to be called out to deal with the floods. 

Its seems like many Westerners in Thailand feel uncomfortably cold in 23 c in the UK weather , yet when they go to Thailand , they stay home all day because its too hot outside and they set their air-con to a comfortable 23 c indoors . 

For me , 23 c is just right , you can walk outside without evaporating 

Rooster, thanks for the trip down memory lane, and the news update.  It was great to see the Royals

enjoying the celebration for the Queens 70 years on the Throne.  Even the weather cooperated.

The regular news was a bit gritty as always. I feel that England is a mixed up country, with even a Muslim mayor

in one of their cities. Oh well it suits the mixed up world we all live in. 

10 hours ago, kickstart said:

,life was as normal this morning ,if this had been the UK ,the army would have to be called out to deal with the floods. 

It is hardly as if everywhere in the UK is subject to floods and Thailand isn't! Surely it is a bigger problem in Thailand, 

On 6/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, RobU said:

A Yorkshire Summer's Day when we strip down to our string vests, roll up our trousers and put knotted hanky's on our heads to protect us from the blistering sun. Pansy southerners south of the Humber tend to think it a bit cold.

I like it! Nowhere better than Whitby, Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington. 

• Like 1