Investment Visa (non-em B) Renewal

Went to emmigration last week - was busy with 45 people before me but after 2 hours+ wait the actual renewal of my investment visa(based on condo) went smooth. The staff asked me "jokingly" if I had sold/wanted to sell (after which I can naturally not renewa the visa), and I signed the usual form confirming that I should report if I no longer had the investment(condo).

There was no "under consideration" stamp, and I got the full year extension stamped in right away.

CHeers!

Went to emmigration last week - was busy with 45 people before me but after 2 hours+ wait the actual renewal of my investment visa(based on condo) went smooth.

For what it's worth, I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago at Suan Plu. Renewal of Non-Im B based upon 3 million Baht deposited with Krung Thai Bank. Two hours of waiting (the seats are really hard), then 40 minutes to process the application. (They had problems finding my paperwork because I'd got a new passport a couple of weeks previously.) The only paperwork I forgot was copies of my various bank books.

Basically, a doddle.

Oswulf; I am always amazed when they (normally rather quickly) drag out the BIG stack of papers/file from somewhere from my previous applications Etc. Their manual filing system behind the scene must be very effective to keep track on the loads and loads of paper they are shuffling around every day!

Since they already have all the condo docs (3 times now?) on file maybe it would make sense that they just saw my title deed rather than, again: signed copies of EVERYTHING including my much missed pet-hamsters death certificate. :o

Seeing on my number that I had a loooong wait I went across the street and had a coffee and muffin. In the old days there was a coffee shop right inside emmigration - but did look rather messy there and they already have enough space problems I guess.

My 90 day reporting had no waiting time what so ever though.

Cheers!

Ps. thanks Fred

Perhaps that is why it only took me 50 minutes from entry to exit this week (people going out to snack). Queue paper said 27 ahead of me but most numbers called were no show so didn't take much time at all (arrival 0930 and exit 1020). Much better than last years 3 hour wait.

Now that you mention it lop: the thing seemed to stand still FOREVER, but suddenly as the clock approached 5 o'clock the nos just got rattled of like at a bingo convention! Some probably went home thinking they would not make it with 50 people in front, before closing at 5.

Some agents/lawyers Etc. will obtain multiple nos while they wait for clients Etc. so that might also explain the many "no-shows".

Cheers!