"Unstable" dog owner attacks his own pet to get back at neighbor who complained

webfact

image.jpeg

Cap: Man attacks (his own) dog to sarcastically get back at neighbor

An unpleasant video was posted on the Facebook page of Watchdog Thailand Foundation (WTF) when a man attacked a dog in the street in Chiang Mai.

It happened in Busarakham Road in Phra Singh sub-district on Monday.

In the video a man repeatedly attacks the dog with an iron rod. The dog eventually manages to get away.

A neighbor is filming. The man - seemingly smiling - then turns on the neighbor making as if to punch her Muay Thai style. 

The neighbor had tried to stop the violence against the dog, reported Sanook.

She says: "Are you happy now?" as expletives are hurled.

Suphanee Jankhamai of WTF went to local vets and then along with police went to the house of the man who did the attack.

He appeared to be home inside with his dog but police were as yet powerless to enter. 

A lead attached to a motorcycle was outside the terraced house.

A vet said this was a clear case of animal abuse for which the owner could be jailed for two years and/or fined 40,000 baht. 

Police said the man in the video is the owner of the dog and attacked his own pet in an apparent sarcastic attack to get back at a neighbor who had complained about the dog rummaging through trash in the street.

The neighbor (perhaps the woman who filmed the clip but not confirmed) had called for the dog to be punished. 

The police also said that the man involved was sometimes good to his pet sometimes bad. He had been seen taking the dog out on trips but also attacking it. 

Once the dog was left tied to railings outside the house. Its desperate cries had to be ignored by neighbors who were fearful of attack by the unstable man. 

The WTF want the animal taken into care and action taken against the owner. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1

The animal should not be allowed to room the streets....  Neither should the dog... 

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

The <deleted> want the animal taken into care and action taken against the owner. 

<deleted> ??  every time I post <deleted> it gets deleted !!! 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The animal should not be allowed to room the streets....  Neither should the dog... 

<deleted> ??  every time I post <deleted> it gets deleted !!! 

The initials could be seen as an acronym for what the and well you can work out the third yourself...

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Under the new data protection laws I hope the women who filmed it got permission for filming from the dog first ????

The Dog has since filed a defamation suit against the woman who filmed....   

She’s being charged under the Computer Crimes Act, and for Defamation of Character and Bringing the Reputation of dogs in Thailand under disrepute :whistling: .....

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Watchdog Thailand Foundation want the animal taken into care and action taken against the owner.

Definitely needs something to be done ASAP .

Edited by keith101

14 minutes ago, keith101 said:
48 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Watchdog Thailand Foundation want the animal taken into care and action taken against the owner.

Definitely needs something to be done ASAP .

The Watchdog Thailand Foundation need to change their initials as well if they want to get serious.

Edited by Digitalbanana

He's stopping his dog from attacking human, you calling it animal abuse, what in case he allow his dog to carry on the attack like we been seeing dogs wounding people to death? I guess she might had enter the dog's territory ????

• Confused 1

On 6/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, webfact said:

The police also said that the man involved was sometimes good to his pet sometimes bad. He had been seen taking the dog out on trips but also attacking it.

I take my missus on an occasional outing, however if I beat her with an iron bar when I got home I'd be in jail..

Get pro-active police for gods sake.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:07 AM, Justtaste said:

He's stopping his dog from attacking human, you calling it animal abuse, what in case he allow his dog to carry on the attack like we been seeing dogs wounding people to death? I guess she might had enter the dog's territory ????

Are you OK?