Pink Pineapple Is Illegal In Thailand – Smugglers Face Heavy Penalty

webfact

Any of you guys live in the sticks and see the older farmers that have been spraying pesticides for years?????

14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Reality: Humans have been selectively breeding plants and animals for countless millennia, so all domesticated plant species—and even your pet dogs and cats—are technically genetically modified.

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/10-myths-about-gmos/

Well ..yes and no.  These plants and animals are bred to exaggerate certain genetic abnormalities.  

They are not made by splicing or adding genetic material from other species into their own.

Even though a poodle looks totally different from a wolf, it's still for all the same DNA in it.  If they went feral and reproduced in the wild for a few years their offspring would revert to a wolf appearance again due to natural selection.

It's the same with all other domesticated animals and plants. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

How about all the pesticides used in their agriculture (rice) and which directly gets into their fishingponds?  And then they worry about modified pineapple?  Seriously?

Is it just the colour that's different? If so, I don't see a problem.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a nice leg of salmon to finish eating.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Well ..yes and no.  These plants and animals are bred to exaggerate certain genetic abnormalities.  

They are not made by splicing or adding genetic material from other species into their own.

Even though a poodle looks totally different from a wolf, it's still for all the same DNA in it.  If they went feral and reproduced in the wild for a few years their offspring would revert to a wolf appearance again due to natural selection.

It's the same with all other domesticated animals and plants. 

Can you provide a citation for your claim please ?

Ive never come across this line of thought.

• Like 1

TBH , GMO's are not something i do like right now . I do work in chemical industry and do have a chem degree . Will GMO's do harm health ? no prob not . However , it might/will destroy habitats of a food chain . Give me a closer to nature fruit rather then a mass produced food item . Is it healthier , prob not , does it taste better , sometimes it does ( but never worse) .

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

A few years?  Yeah, right... many, many thousand of years, maybe.  But you really think that poodles reproducing with other poodles in the wild would, eventually, turn into wolves?  Brilliant, Sir David, brilliant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A few years?  Yeah, right... many, many thousand of years, maybe.  But you really think that poodles reproducing with other poodles in the wild would, eventually, turn into wolves?  Brilliant, Sir David, brilliant.

Not millions of years.  A few hundred and the offspring of domestic dogs would end up looking and behaving like a wolf or similar wild dog, sure.

Survival of the fittest....which will naturally select for the gene characteristics similar to wolves. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Not millions of years.  A few hundred and the offspring of domestic dogs would end up looking and behaving like a wolf or similar wild dog, sure.

Survival of the fittest....which will naturally select for the gene characteristics similar to wolves. 

B_ll_cks.  I didn't mention "millions" but you did say "a few years"!

19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A few years can be a few thousand years...that is not long at all.  Depends on your perspective.  More or less 1 thousand years is no time at all in grand scheme of things.  Could be only a hundred or so years. You are getting too hi f up on precise time when it's not the point of my post. 

I got this link.  It's interesting reading. 

I was using the ideas in my original post to highlight the difference between genetically modified organisms which have had generic material from other species spliced into their DNA make up, and those which are simply selectively bred for desired characteristics for domestication.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:
46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A few years can be a few thousand years...

No it can't, "a few years" is not "a few thousand years" by any reasonable perspective.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:56 PM, Moonlover said:

Reality: Humans have been selectively breeding plants and animals for countless millennia, so all domesticated plant species—and even your pet dogs and cats—are technically genetically modified.

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/10-myths-about-gmos/

Yes, in essence, breeding; rebreeding; crossbreeding; hybriding or even grafting has been evident for ages.....yet, clearly nothing as compared to our contemporary times have been more destructive where these "developed" activities insist on stripping base nutritional values and introducing artificial agents/substances of every description - all in the name of grotesque corporate/government profits and control. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Cmon Jac, let’s get serious here…

if poodles are forking poodles for 1 to 1,000,000 years they will still be poodles.

If they fork German Sheppard’s they will probably look a bit more wolfy, but let’s keep it real huh ?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

if poodles are forking poodles for 1 to 1,000,000 years they will still be poodles.

If they fork German Sheppard’s they will probably look a bit more wolfy, but let’s keep it real huh ?

Wrong. He's talking about letting all dogs fork whatever they want and eventually all the breeds we know will end up disappearing and there will be only real dogs produced.

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Wrong. He's talking about letting all dogs fork whatever they want and eventually all the breeds we know will end up disappearing and there will be only real dogs produced.

No.

He said if poodles forked poodles they would turn into wolves. 
He’s talking shiite…

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

No. You are incorrect.  

I am in no way insulting you here, but it's clear you have little knowledge of genetics or zoology, evolution etc 

You must realise that poodles and the fancy dog breeds of today have mostly been created in the last few hundred years right?   

Even in the last 50 or so years the show breeds are very different to how they were then.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

No.

He’s talking shiite…

You are the first to mention poodles forking poodles, I think. He said domestic dogs.

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Even though a poodle looks totally different from a wolf, it's still for all the same DNA in it.  If they went feral and reproduced in the wild for a few years their offspring would revert to a wolf appearance again due to natural selection

12 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

No.

He’s talking shiite…

“Even though a poodle looks totally different from a wolf, it's still for all the same DNA in it.  If they went feral and reproduced in the wild for a few years their offspring would revert to a wolf appearance again due to natural selection”

Any other gems to contribute ?

Edited by HighPriority