What is and isn’t allowed as Thailand legalizes pot

webfact

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

When everyone is out of step except for you?????????????

*yawn*

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

That info is current.

No it is not.

Go and do some research and stop talking rubbish.

Yes it is current.

I have posted plenty of stuff here in this thread. You have posted nothing of value. 

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

So is hash an exract? I would think it 'maybe' or 'maybe' it isn't. Are heads considered an extract? It would seem not but who knows. From the BP story it will be illegal to cook using buds. This is truly insane. Dope is good for asthma but is obviously much better if not inhaling the smoke. What about dope tea? Bhang lassi? (fantastic drink with a very long lasting effect) but is blending a drink considered cooking? Not in my book. Once again a well thought through policy by a bunch of empty headed amateurs. I do notice above though that businesses will be able to produce food.

The rules are actually quite simple: ANY part of the cannabis plant (including the buds) that contains more than 0.2% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is still ILLEGAL. ONLY cannabis plant parts with 0.2% or less of THC have been legalized.

I do understand your confusion, though. All these "journalists" out there CONSTANTLY get it wrong. It goes to show how sub-standard journalism has become today. Nobody seems to be bothered to fact-check information anymore.

Cannabis is NOT marijuana. "Cannabis" is the scientific term for the actual plant that colloquially also is referred to as "hemp". The two main strains of hemp are Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica -- though there are countless sub-strains with varying concentrations of THC, CBD and other compounds.

Marijuana on the other hand EXCLUSIVELY refers to the THC-rich *thus illegal!) buds and flowers of the cannabis plant.

Hashish basically is the sticky resin extracted from the cannabis plant, primarily the buds and flowers. THC is highly concentrated in that resin, hence hashish is even stronger than marijuana. And illegal.

CBD (cannabidiol), the cannabis plant's NON-psychoactive substance (as opposed to THC) can be found in all plant parts, though it likewise is more concentrated in the buds and flowers.  

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

*yawn*

Yes it is current.

I have posted plenty of stuff here in this thread. You have posted nothing of value. 

The article was published 14 May 2022.

The information was incorrect and outdated by 15 May 2022.

What makes you think that you know the situation better than nearly everyone on this board and the law makers who currently do not understand what it all means?

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bud and flowers are extract mate. 

Not as per English language they are not. Oils and concentrates would be considered extracts, buds whether fresh or dry not.

But 100% agree people will still get busted for weed. Just saw a young tourist stopped by police a few days ago. Searched his pocket found a tiny baggy of weed. He protested saying but its legal now. Police gave him a nasty threat which would change the guys life and nowhere was this a punishment by law or on any law book here, or go together to atm and pay 50k baht, sign a contract in Thai, and go free for now, but cause any trouble or complain about what just happened and the previous threat would come into play.

Poor lad was snookered. He paid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

*yawn*

Yes it is current.

I'm not the one using outdated information and kidding myself that I understand this situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Starting to get very annoying that no official spells out in capital letters exactly what is an extract. Makes a complete mockery of what should be a monumental day for Thailand.

Just about anything.  As long as it does not contains more than 0.2% THC.  That means nothing anyone wanting to get high would be interested in.

Edited by shdmn

54 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

It appears that anything that gets you high is still illegal. I did notice something about pot being taken off the “narcotics” list. Don’t know if that impacts sentencing or legality in any way, Comments?

What about Kratom? My Mrs just bought some at a Naklua market.

38 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Not as per English language they are not. Oils and concentrates would be considered extracts, buds whether fresh or dry not.

But 100% agree people will still get busted for weed. Just saw a young tourist stopped by police a few days ago. Searched his pocket found a tiny baggy of weed. He protested saying but its legal now. Police gave him a nasty threat which would change the guys life and nowhere was this a punishment by law or on any law book here, or go together to atm and pay 50k baht, sign a contract in Thai, and go free for now, but cause any trouble or complain about what just happened and the previous threat would come into play.

As you saw the whole incident would you be his witness if he went to court to sue the police for extortion?

13 minutes ago, Thailand said:

As you saw the whole incident would you be his witness if he went to court to sue the police for extortion?

More than that, I had it all recorded with audio on camera from several angles. I offered as you said as was so angry seeing it happen. Young lad was terrified of them returning and told me to mind my own business. There it ends.

6 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

More than that, I had it all recorded with audio on camera from several angles. I offered as you said as was so angry seeing it happen. Young lad was terrified of them returning and told me to mind my own business. There it ends.

That recording is worth some big bucks to the right news outlet I would think?

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Hashish basically is the sticky resin extracted from the cannabis plant, primarily the buds and flowers. THC is highly concentrated in that resin, hence hashish is even stronger than marijuana. And illegal.

CBD (cannabidiol), the cannabis plant's NON-psychoactive substance (as opposed to THC) can be found in all plant parts, though it likewise is more concentrated in the buds and flowers.  

So how does someone get CBD from the buds & flowers and leave the nasty THC there.

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Maybe it was illegal then but today what would happen? They are releasing more than 4,000 people convicted of charges relating to ganja today. Didn't they sell or smoke ganja that exceeded the current 0.25% limit? So why release them if it is still illegal now. 

It would seem that the potential penalty of 3 months imprisonment or 25K fine is because of public nuisance, not because you are smoking anything illegal. You would be fine to smoke at home provided the neighbours did not complain about the smell. 

The government and those who are supposed to enforce the law need to come out and be explicit as to what is and is not allowed. But don't hold your breath waiting. Have a joint and chill. Everything will become clearer, or at least you'll enjoy your afternoon.    

• Like 1