Does An Overstay Fine Look Bad When Getting New Visa?

Hi

my one year non-i O visa expires on 2 July, including one extension so really have to renew it. Will be going back to UK on 5 July to sort out some things and get a new one year visa. I know, could have booked th flight before the 2nd but the prices I found made it a lot cheaper to leave on the 5th, and figured on doing one quick visa run before the 2nd to get a 30-day tourist stamp. Now I wonder whether just paying for 3 days overstay is actually less work and costs about the same as a visa run. But wonder whether the overstay fine will look bad when I submit my one-year visa application back in the UK.

any advice?

thanks

rych

I would avoid overstay, if at all possible!!!

Whilst I've never heard of anyone being refused a visa or entry after a short overstay the rules may change.

Additionally should you get caught before making it to the airport you could be in a world of <deleted> - IDC - deportation - possible blacklist (unlikely).

Thailand don't seem to worry, but if applying for a visa for another country they may use your Thai overstay as a reason not to issue (the UK certainly would).

If you have a ticket out, I believe you can get a 7 day extention at immigration (1900Baht) to save the border run.

Thailand don't seem to worry, but if applying for a visa for another country they may use your Thai overstay as a reason not to issue (the UK certainly would).

I got denied a visa once in the uk for previous overstay so i'll second that.

Many thanks

I live about 30mins to Aranyaprathet, so the nearest border and the nearest immigration office are in same place. Yes, have the flight ticket so will take that along. Probably best to do this on say 30th June so even if just get a 7 day extension will be ok for flying on the 5th.

thanks again

rych

Reports from several posters this week are that Aranyaprathet will not currently issue visa on arrival (30 day stay) to anyone. You must have a visa at this arrival point. Anyone been there yesterday or today and can confirm?

Reports from several posters this week are that Aranyaprathet will not currently issue visa on arrival (30 day stay) to anyone. You must have a visa at this arrival point. Anyone been there yesterday or today and can confirm?

what are they issuing instead? a 7 day get out of LOS stamp?

rych

No, it seems that the outgoing immigration officials will not let you LEAVE Thailand if you don't have a visa to return, unless of course you can demonstrate you are travelling on into Cambodia.

No, it seems that the outgoing immigration officials will not let you LEAVE Thailand if you don't have a visa to return, unless of course you can demonstrate you are travelling on into Cambodia.

I did a few visa runs to the Cambodian border last year (March- July) but I can't remember which boder town we went to from Pattaya. Is Aranyaprathet the one we would have used? How many crossings into Cambodia are there (for visa runs)?

I did a few visa runs to the Cambodian border last year (March- July) but I can't remember which boder town we went to from Pattaya. Is Aranyaprathet the one we would have used? How many crossings into Cambodia are there (for visa runs)?

Just have a look in your Passport.

What marking/wording does the Thai Immigration stamp has ?

Aranyapathet or Pong Nam Ron ?

Along the eastern border with Thailand 4 border crossing exist, 2 are used for so called Visa Run's.