Emirates Premium Economy arrives in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

By TTR WEEKLY

BANGKOK: The long-awaited Emirates Premium Economy class is finally here, offering another Emirates onboard experience that opens for flight bookings from 1 August.

The new cabin class, which offers luxurious seats, more legroom, and service delivery to rival many airlines’ business offerings, will be available to Emirates customers travelling on popular A380 routes to London, Paris, and Sydney from 1 August and Christchurch from December.

This means travellers from Thailand via connecting flights in Dubai will also have a chance to book and secure seats for the new Premium Economy experience. Currently, Emirates is the only airline in the region to offer a Premium Economy cabin.

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2022/06/emirates-premium-economy-arrives-in-thailand/

TTR_new.jpg

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2022-06-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This means travellers from Thailand via connecting flights in Dubai will also have a chance to book and secure seats for the new Premium Economy experience. Currently, Emirates is the only airline in the region to offer a Premium Economy cabin.

Does premium come at a premium price?

• Like 1

I have seen it on a flight to europe several months ago. They are on a brand new A380 just coming into service.

Flight menager have told me some $600 extra for return flight from Dubai.

So to BKK it might be some $1000, almost as much as economy.

There were only some 2-3 passengers in this cabin, probably upgraded free from economy.

They suppose to have a separate kitchen and separate crew serving it.

They have configuration 2+3+2, with segregation between seats (instead of movable armrests), so you can't stretch on 3-4 seats, which I have experienced on many half-empty flights and on the very flight I have seen this premium economy.

It would be nice to be bumped up, if economy was full, same as it's nice to be bumped to business. But paying almost 2x over economy is not worth

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

I flew Premium Economy with British Airways Bangkok to London Heathrow 5 years ago. Wish I had not bothered paying the extra!! Poor service, average food and well worn seating past their sell by date. Never again!! This time I am flying Emirates Business Class return in a 3 weeks time at a good price before the huge increases.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, actonion said:

The only airline in the region to offer  premium economy ? The  region being Asia , what about Eva AIr  they do premium economy 

Just now, George Aylesham said:

But I love the geckos - they gobble up all the mozzies trying to give me Malaria, Dengue, Zika et al.

And ANA - they are superb.

8 minutes ago, worrab said:

I flew Premium Economy with British Airways Bangkok to London Heathrow 5 years ago. Wish I had not bothered paying the extra!! Poor service, average food and well worn seating past their sell by date. Never again!! This time I am flying Emirates Business Class return in a 3 weeks time at a good price before the huge increases.  

With BA you are lucky not to be bullied, insulted or patronised by stewards and stewardesses.

I was told that as part of a BA training programme in 'How to  diffuse confrontations and deal with angry/ hostile passengers' - that the service  staff deliberately created and provoked passengers to make them angry and THEN used techniques to to control the behaviour of the passenger. This is the only  rational  explanation for the awful  attitude of BA staff  especially  the female  staff.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

With BA you are lucky not to be bullied, insulted or patronised by stewards and stewardesses.

I was told that as part of a BA training programme in 'How to  diffuse confrontations and deal with angry/ hostile passengers' - that the service  staff deliberately created and provoked passengers to make them angry and THEN used techniques to to control the behaviour of the passenger. This is the only  rational  explanation for the awful  attitude of BA staff  especially  the female  staff.

Sounds like crappy Qantas, and their way poor flight crews, and their overpriced, poor service. 

• Like 1

Not flown Premium Eco for a long time.

Wasn't worth the extra costs back then either (on the few lines I tried it).

Seats larger with more leg room yes but still hard to sit in long hours - no full lie-flat bedding, slightly larger economy seats, no free champagne, same food as eco class, no separate toilets from Eco class.

In short not worth it. Pay the extra n go Business Class with any of the ME 3 they're all very good.

Free limo to airport (Emirates) in most capitols, dedicated check-ins, larger bag allowances, business lounge access - showers shave excellent food & sleep, fast track Swampy IO. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Sounds like crappy Qantas, and their way poor flight crews, and their overpriced, poor service. 

I flew Quantas 380 back in 2012 to get married in Manly from London Premium Economy. It was absolutely amazing with excellent service and a very caring crew. Just could not fault them in any way. Things must have changed since then.

38 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

To be honest when I have flown Economy with BA, I have always found the cabin crew to be very good and do everything to make the flight as pleasant as possible. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

But I love the geckos - they gobble up all the mozzies trying to give me Malaria, Dengue, Zika et al.

If they gobble up all the mozzies then their would be none left would there ?????

9 hours ago, actonion said:

The only airline in the region to offer  premium economy ? The  region being Asia , what about Eva AIr  they do premium economy 

If you read the link I think you'll find that what Emirates is offering is a lot more than existing Premium Economy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, worrab said:

To be honest when I have flown Economy with BA, I have always found the cabin crew to be very good and do everything to make the flight as pleasant as possible. 

Lucky you. I too have had a positive experience with BA once- but my other numerous flights have experienced dreadful attitudes from staff. I understand this became  an issue with Quantas staff who objected to the attitudes of BA staff. Groun crew included. I heard that is one reason Branson set up Virgin because he was astonished at the high handed arrogance of BA staff. There  are notable gender issues and also issues of unshakable staff with union protection. But what I discovered when expressing my dislike of BA in a busy office a few years ago was how many people chimed in with exactly the the same  views as me and like me just won't  fly with them. In my job before that, where the  company  allocated our leave tickets, all us requested not  to fly BA. We all had the perception of the staff as being high handed and authoritarian and almost enjoying confrontations with passengers. The one time I get excellent  service was flying  premium economy.

All the other times it was like they  were doing us a favour not that we were paying for  a service.

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The one time I get excellent  service was flying  premium economy.

That was when I found them at their worst. Just could not give a damn and all they wanted to do on the night flight was get their heads down. Whereas with Quantas, they could not do enough and were attentive throughout the flight. Could go back to the galley (380) and have a chat whilst stretching the legs, get a drink or snack. No opportunity of doing that with BA!! 

I suppose over the years attitudes etc have changed which is a shame as we are paying their wages at the end of the day. I am looking forward to my Emirates experience soon and I expect it will be as good as everyone says.

I found the Arab airlines to be better and more service  oriented. With BA I felt they held the customers in contempt - especially  men and used their  job position to act out this contempt. Years after thinking this but never discussing it I finally expressed this view and was amazed  how many men had had the  same experience and specifically- game playing to deliberately wind men up. We all chipped in with our experiences and found sometimes duplicate conversations!

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Last time I went BA to UK sat at the back next to the galley, could hear one female aircrew slagging off various passengers, very professional! Would not go BA again if only to avoid terminal 5.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

It's the idiomatic use of the word 'all'  denoting much, many, a lot etc. It does not literally  mean 'all' in the 100% meaning of the word.

Well obviously  I was joking, and I gave you a clue by adding the smiley, must have gone completely over your head ????. Bet you are fun at a party ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Last time I went BA to UK sat at the back next to the galley, could hear one female aircrew slagging off various passengers, very professional! Would not go BA again if only to avoid terminal 5.

LHR is DREAD! Regarding the attitude of the staff to passengers I believe  they have notes or records either formally or informally so they have preconceptions about  you before you  board.

• Like 1

Just now, Excel said:

Well obviously  I was joking, and I gave you a clue by adding the smiley, must have gone completely over your head ????. Bet you are fun at a party ????

I suspect I am more intelligent and well informed  than many people,  obviously yourself not incuded,  ????and that is an important  part of being entertaining but I also do some good comedy  routines one involving wearing my underwear  on my head, another is doing the Rawhide theme tune hitting my head with a tray.

That always goes down well!!

• Haha 1