Emirates Premium Economy arrives in Thailand

webfact

12 hours ago, proton said:

Checking flights to the UK and back I only see one leg possible on premium, the other is in economy. Quite expensive for one part of the trip

Yes, Bangkok flights are currently not scheduled for Premium Economy, it's just an attention grabbing headline to say some passengers whose origin or destination is Bangkok can fly part of the trip in the new cabin.

13 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Premium or no, it's great to hear they're doing Christchurch to Swampy from December. Woo-hoo!

They're not.  Even the flights they had before from DXB-BKK-SYD-CHC (or at times AKL) without Premium Economy are not being restored as of yet AIUI.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Premium or no, it's great to hear they're doing Christchurch to Swampy from December. Woo-hoo!

Wow!  That's great news....  hopefully it's the same 'route' they stopped back in June 2019,  i.e.  Christchurch / Sydney / Bangkok / Dubai / London.

Loved the A380 Bar,  great way to meet people, make the flight time go faster and by standing up at the bar...  a sure-fire way to reduce the chances of getting D.V.T.

A fantastic feeling whilst standing at the bar on your umpteenth glass of Red, the P.A. announces for you to return to your seats..  we're about to descend to BKK airport.

Time flies when you're having fun!

Dammit..  I'm flying TG next month. 

• Like 1

emirates premium economy looks like business class, with fast track check in, priority boarding, chinaware, welcome drink, reclining seats and large size headphones.

There is no full partition between seats, just cocktail table - unlike in some other business class. 

So far they have only 6 fitted air planes, the last A380 ever made, which were delivered at the end of 2021.

From August flying London, paris, sydney and bangkok. That means, that they won't be able to fly every day on each route. Possible they can on Bangkok leg, because it's just 6h, but others are much longer. It's also possible, that bangkok is only part of the route to sydney, as refuelling stop - that way their price might drop a little.

At the end of year they will start retrofitting half of it's A380 and B777 fleet. 

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-launches-full-premium-economy-experience/

Edited by internationalism

17 hours ago, worrab said:

To be honest when I have flown Economy with BA, I have always found the cabin crew to be very good and do everything to make the flight as pleasant as possible. 

Same, never had a bad BA flight and in the past always seemed to be the cheapest direct flight between BKK and LHR. My last flight shortly before covid was on my birthday and I was upgraded to Business free of charge which was great.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, internationalism said:

o far they have only 6 fitted air planes, the last A380 ever made, which were delivered at the end of 2021.

From August flying London, paris, sydney and bangkok. That means, that they won't be able to fly every day on each route.

I suspect they are checking demand before they re-fit their other planes or do away with the idea. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2022 at 3:15 AM, proton said:

Checking flights to the UK and back I only see one leg possible on premium, the other is in economy. Quite expensive for one part of the trip

When I last checked Emirates, the Premium Economy fare was for just one leg AND it was far more than I used to pay EVA to go the whole way in Premium.

Not only that, it was the "wrong leg" in Premium.    Whilst I could tolerate the A380 economy seat from London to Dubai, it's on the 777 from Dubai to Bangkok where I want something better than the awful 777 economy seat.     

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 8:03 AM, actonion said:

The only airline in the region to offer  premium economy ? The  region being Asia , what about Eva AIr  they do premium economy 

I think most  airlines do but not a separate  seating  area-just bigger seats  or two seats in economy.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:45 AM, bangkok19 said:

Wow!  That's great news....  hopefully it's the same 'route' they stopped back in June 2019,  i.e.  Christchurch / Sydney / Bangkok / Dubai / London.

Loved the A380 Bar,  great way to meet people, make the flight time go faster and by standing up at the bar...  a sure-fire way to reduce the chances of getting D.V.T.

A fantastic feeling whilst standing at the bar on your umpteenth glass of Red, the P.A. announces for you to return to your seats..  we're about to descend to BKK airport.

Time flies when you're having fun!

Dammit..  I'm flying TG next month. 

Yep. Good social  drinking on planes can be great just like travelling by train used to be great here in Thailand.