Only one empty page in passport - enough to renew Non Imm B visa?

I have one completely empty page, with the facing page having just one small stamp on it.   I have a few other pages with a little space for additional stamps.  

Will Immigration give me a new visa in this situation?   Or do I need a new passport?

What you may think is an empty page may not be considered an empty page by the IO.

I once was in a similar situation, but the "empty page" had printed on it "this passport contains 32 pages" or something like that, in several languages.  Immi considered this page unusable, they wouldn't even use the completely empty space on top of this statement. They insisted on a new passport 

• Like 1

they may ask a new passport. As stated in previous post they might find it not enough (actually its ok and normal). This is something you need to talk with the immigration. 

what my friend did was, he applied for a new passport asked a letter from the embassy to prove it and showed it to immigration and they were ok after few discussion about the situation. Although it took probably 10 days for the new passport. He went next year for the next extension and immigration was totally ok

You can ask your embassy here how long it takes to get a new passport and organize yourself.

PS: i have non-b and never got a under consideration stamp. Its always like extension or need to do more paper work and come back. I think consideration is for non-o types

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blackcab said:

You are (just) ok. You need half a page for your under consideration stamp and another half a page for your extension.

You also need half a page for a re-entry permit should you intend leaving the country and returning before your extension expires.

Unless the Muppets stamp your REP in the middle of the page, as they have done on a couple of mine, rendering it useless for any further stamps.

You don’t say how long before you need to renew your visa. You have obviously known about the situation with your passport for some time, so I hope you have left plenty of time to get a new passport, which is really the best option.

If not, I would go to immigration and ask if you can renew your visa in your current passport. If they say no, I would follow the advice of “problemfarang” and contact your Embassy, apply for a new passport, and obtain a covering letter to show immigration …. which they will hopefully accept.

• Like 1

I do not understand WHY people wait until the last minute to renew / keep up to date / 1 page empty page, the most important document you have / carry in ANY foreign country.

Usually you can renew long term extensions of stay 30 to 45 days in advance without loosing any time.

A friend of mine waited until the last day to do a 90 day report, was thrown the curve he needed his ORIGINAL rental agreement although he had been at the same address for 12 years. 3 days later ( landlord was out of town ) he paid the fine.

Do ALL your paperwork at a IO as soon as possible in case you get thrown a curve - NOT ENOUGH ROOM IN PASSPORT.

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh why? I can not for my life understand why you even put yourself in a position to deal with it? In Thailand, it=s well know that different offices and different IO's will give conflicting answers and deal with things in different ways. So, you have 1 page left. Why even think about it. Go get a new passport, and be sure to no have any problems you actually can avoid by being smart about it.

well, "because of covid" ???? my home country is experiencing months long delays in renewing passports, and they don't offer express service at the consulate in Thailand.  So I have to fly "home" at great cost in order to get a new rush passport before my visa expires and my work permit is cancelled.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, elabuelo said:

well, "because of covid" ???? my home country is experiencing months long delays in renewing passports, and they don't offer express service at the consulate in Thailand.  So I have to fly "home" at great cost in order to get a new rush passport before my visa expires and my work permit is cancelled.

Apply for a new passport.

When applying for a new passport in Thailand (overseas) your passport ’should’ not be sent away and you still have it in your possession. 

Then apply for your extension of stay with the passport you have in hand. 

Once you get your new passport have the extension of stay transferred to your new passport. 

IF Immigration want more pages you can explain to them that a new passport is ‘coming’ but processing time is slow (due to covid etc) and you will transfer the extension of stay to your new passport when you get it. 

I’m not certain if this will work, but its the best path out of your predicament that I can see other than flying to your home country and fast-tracking a new passport in person. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, elabuelo said:

Hmmmm.... Why are you saying this? According to me, you knew already last year, that it was only 1 page left. Sorry, I do not understand your reply. Are you meaning that the delays are over one year long?