June 14, 20224 yr I'm going to Laos in about 10 days time. I'm entering via the land border at Nong Khai (Friendship Bridge I). I have been vaccinated twice (July and October 2021) and these show in my Mor Phrom app. According to the Laos entry requirements, I need a medical certificate in English showing proof of vaccination. Is the paper certificate I received from the Thai hospital good enough, or is the Mor Phrom certificate with QR code more appropriate? I'm confused as to what is actually classed as official proof..... has anyone been to Laos recently and had to show proof of vaccination?? Thanks!
June 15, 20224 yr Between a simple temperature check (Huay Xai) and full documentation check (yellow international vaccination certificate) you hear everything. To be on the safe side, get the yellow international vaccination booklet from the hospital you got the jabs or the nearest office of the public health department (at 50 Baht) and you're sorted for sure.
June 15, 20224 yr I went over Friendship Bridge 1 last week. The Thailand Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination from the hospital was fine. It's in both Thai and English. Edited June 15, 20224 yr by KhaoNiaw
June 17, 20224 yr So it seems that if I want to enter Lao I must show proof of vaccination. If I cannot show it then I cannot enter Lao. Correct?
June 19, 20224 yr On 6/17/2022 at 10:13 AM, Harveyg said: So it seems that if I want to enter Lao I must show proof of vaccination. If I cannot show it then I cannot enter Lao. Correct? No, a test will do for air travel at least. I have no idea if land borders have different rules.
June 19, 20224 yr On 6/17/2022 at 4:13 PM, Harveyg said: So it seems that if I want to enter Lao I must show proof of vaccination. If I cannot show it then I cannot enter Lao. Correct? You can enter using an ATK Covid test result taken within 48 hours of entry. Obviously not self-administered but I'm not sure what would be acceptable - maybe from a hospital?
Create an account or sign in to comment