Reefer Madness! Chula scientist "Prof Jet" calls THC dangerous and warns Thais about cooking weed

webfact

The best use for this newly found and allowed item is to teach the people what they CAN do with the plants and the leaves, extract CDB oil and other medicinal by products is the the only (legal) thing they can find a good use for those Ganja...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Bl**dy hell  !!  This bloke has done his research. He knows his stuff !!

I think I'll write to him and ask if in his opinion there is any truth to the rumor that alcohol gets you drunk.

You don't get to be a professor in Thailand for just any old thing you know.  It has be as a result of hundreds of other peoples/governments previous research publications before you can claim it as your own conclusion.????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

none of them will actually have any first hand experience of smoking cannabis, so they are not really experts at all are they ?

That is a pretty naive statement. ????

Researchers do not have to catch cancer to know that it is dangerous and can kill.

I do not need to put my hand in a fire to know that it will hurt.

46 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is a pretty naive statement. ????

Researchers do not have to catch cancer to know that it is dangerous and can kill.

I do not need to put my hand in a fire to know that it will hurt.

I get your point, but on the other hand, could you imagine an expert marksman who had never fired a gun? Or an expert driver who had never sat in a car ?  or an expert cook who had never been in a kitchen? or an expert fisherman who has never held a rod .   Sometimes first hand experience is necessary to be considered an expert.

The "experts" that will emerge over the coming weeks will mostly be nothing more than sensationalist scaremongers, reading from an old script, on a mission to stop people enjoying cannabis recreationally and to feed the media frenzy. 

If just one of these so called experts offered some practical advice, for example, to somebody thinking about smoking for the first time, I might change my mind but that's not going to happen  Its going to be, as I said in my post, the same old rhetoric.  Overdose (lol) blah blah Paranoia blah blah palpitations blah blah gateway drug blah blah with the underlying message being "  don't do it"  "just say no"  (or if your English  "just say no thank you") 

I wish i was wrong but I watched the news this morning and its already started, and have you noticed how many cannabis related threads have been started on this website by "webfact"  as opposed to threads started by members.

Prohibition can be ended overnight, but the misinformation that has been forced into peoples brains by various governments over the past 50 years will take a lot longer to forget

• Like 1

There is no doubt that there will be unintended consequences to wide spread marijuana use.  Pretty much every drug has side effects.   In legalizing a drug, it's the risk-benefit ratio.  Another factor is the cost of enforcing keeping it outlawed.  

With pot, the centuries of use show that it is generally not particularly dangerous.  Of course, some people will have adverse reactions, but it's not a substance that anyone has to take. 

13 minutes ago, Scott said:

There is no doubt that there will be unintended consequences to wide spread marijuana use.  Pretty much every drug has side effects.   In legalizing a drug, it's the risk-benefit ratio.  Another factor is the cost of enforcing keeping it outlawed.  

With pot, the centuries of use show that it is generally not particularly dangerous.  Of course, some people will have adverse reactions, but it's not a substance that anyone has to take. 

Do you think there are going to be a lot of people who want to try it?

Probably but most people who want to use it have been using it already.

Not much is changing for them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

This had followed a show by influential TV presenter Sorayuth Suthassanachinda in which he said that a member (or members) of his production team had half a ganja cookie and had been unable to work. 

This is terrible! Unable to work because of this evil drug!!!!It is a shame on the Thai society,let me tell you!!!!

Stupid people!!!Of course you can not work if you have eaten a Ganja cookie and you are a newbie.

Reminds me of another true story,when i was younger and working in construction there was a guy who drank a half bottle of Vodka.  Guess what?  He was unable to work!!!

Amazing Thailand,there are some very bright minds here.  And some not so bright.

Just now, jvs said:

Do you think there are going to be a lot of people who want to try it?

Probably but most people who want to use it have been using it already.

Not much is changing for them.

I suspect there will be quite a few but I don't think it will be a groundswell.   Of the older adults, I suspect most have dabbled.  I know a lot of people who dabbled in their youth with the low quality pot available.  If it's legal they may take the opportunity to 're-live' their youth.  

In the US, I know a lot of older people who are using it for things like helping with sleep.   A visit to a local dispensary was interesting.  I was surprised to see about 1/2 the people were well into old age, the rest seemed to be in the 30-50 range with a few 20ish people.  All of them seemed to know what they were looking for.  

• Like 2

Understandable to have the ‘scientists’, scaremongers and fuddie duddies voice their ill-found opinion to enact their agenda onto everybody else. It’ll all blow over, but in the meantime, if you don’t like it don’t do it. Let people decide, eh! Dangerous. Lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Only in Thailand can such a m0r0n be a scholar...????

Makes me think of the Monty Python Beatle's spoof movie, The Ruttles. Eric Idle appeared in one scene as Stanley J. Krammerhead, occasional visiting professor of applied narcotics at the University of Please Yourself, California.  ????

Eric Grubbs on Twitter: "@BanjoHfuhruhur @EricIdle Stanley J. Krammerhead  III!" / Twitter

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 2