100+ people treated for symptoms possibly caused by cannabis in food and drink in Khon Kaen

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He also said that eateries will be urged not to use cannabis in food or drinks, although they are allowed to do so.

I do hope this is not a random idea... this article makes it sound that way. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, starky said:

Well we don't know if either of these things are true and it's most likely neither so let's not put the cart before the horse eh? Never heard or seen reported any mass poisonings due to cannabis in my lifetime.  This...

"dizziness and nausea after consuming food or drinks thought to contain cannabis."

Is a pretty baseless statement lacking any real proof. Food or drinks? Thought? 

Don't believe a word of it.

sounds to me like very psychosomatic! they believe it so strong so that it happens!

they should be well informed, this is all in the beginning of this change, later everyone will be used to it! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I have a feeling there is a lobby going against this newly acquired freedom and I cringe to think that this country might back track. This was one of the first changes I have seen that makes me believe in humanity once more. 

If you read the full story there is a  signature lobby, to revoke the ministerial regulation until the 'Law has been passed by parliament'

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

urged not to use cannabis in food or drinks, although they are allowed to do so.

IMO, Thailand's "gone to pot"!! 

For reference here in Cambodia (Google)

Cannabis in Cambodia is illegal. This prohibition is enforced opportunistically. Many "Happy" restaurants located in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville publicly offer food cooked with marijuana, or as a side garnish.(Definitely not for me)

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

9 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 100 people in Thailand’s north-eastern province of Khon Kaen have reported for treatment of dizziness and nausea after consuming food or drinks thought to contain cannabis.

Idiots....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He said the provincial health office has launched a campaign to educate people in the province about the medical benefits of cannabis and its extracts and the health risks of their recreational use.

Good luck with that... Anutin skipped that lesson ob his promotional tour of the country.

He also said that eateries will be urged not to use cannabis in food or drinks, although they are allowed to do so.

Thainess in it's finest hour.

A bit like saying we have Zebra crossings for your convenience and urge drivers to respect pedestrians.

Or

Please don't drink and drive... that's a doozy.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

I don't understand - If we are all so concerned about the side effects of the things we put into our bodies I wonder if we will have a parallel report from various hospital agencies about the hundreds of people (may be thousand) who turn up rat arsed at the hospitals after overdoing the sauce. 

Why is cannabis being targeted. 

Ask ASEAN what motive for 2 articles today , maybe beer companies are culprits and ASEAN 

3 hours ago, marin said:

Hash short for hashish, In all my years I have never heard of chemicals being mixed in hash. Hash is simply the resin that is collected from the buds. 

Yeah, pure hasch. It is cut in so many ways. Hair dye, in Canada there was a bust once and they found horse poop that the dealers were going to cut it with. If ever you got the pure unaltered stuff, well, you are one of the few in this world. Good for you if you did. 

• Like 1

I think it’s bulllarky….  never seen it in my days of participating. My Pops when I’d visit asked if I wanted to try his homemade pot brownies…. I’d just look shaking my head uhhh no thanks. Thought

the brownie thing was too gimmicky. I smoked but never around my Pops or children… it was the proper way of doing it.. ohh this was late 60s ,.. 70s… 80 ish..