Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Officials worried tourists could infect Hua Hin macaques with monkeypox

webfact

18 hours ago, Bobtheblob said:

Mmm it's called monkey pox bit of a deceptive name as its thought to have originated in rats. 

Not allowed tocall it monkey pox now, the WHO saysit's detrimental to Africa. Which, in itself is a racist decision on sooooo many levels.

I know Thailand does not attract the highest quality tourists. But even so, I do not believe a great deal of them would be getting sexually physical with the monkeys.

And i think the monkeys are capable of rejecting such advances.

Khun Wanchai Singto is an absolute disgrace to Thailand, wildlife conservation and the Thai people.

The photograph, showing how the wildlife conservation centre keeps macaques species-appropriate in a cage, explains it all.
image.jpeg.44dcfa27026bb7909b177548a0d34d46.jpeg

The "dirty farang" bashing in full swing. Wanchai is forgiven for his faux-pax as he is, most likely,  infected with the "virus idioticus" which wipes out everything left (if there was ever anything to start with) in the patient's brain! 

On 6/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, spidermike007 said:

That is a good one. The joke of the day. Humans infecting monkeys with monkeypox. What is next? Cancer is contagious? Brain cells lost from kissing? Women getting pregnant from getting felt up? 

May be monkeys should wear mask ?

ThE only ones coming in contact with the monkeys are Thai for sterilization and then shown on pic, they squeeze them all together in tiny boxes. So effect of eventually monkeypox is maximum. I wil never touch a monkey, dont trust them..

Thais could not possibly be carrying the pox... it has to be those filthy farang tourists again.

How long before we all have to get tested for Monkeypox before being allowed into Thailand?

Then there will be a Thai Monkey-Pass.

Then a Monkeypox vaccine for farangs.

• Haha 2

More paranoid rubbish.

What they should do is try to reduce the rat problem in metro areas where there are large 

monkey populations half of which should be culled like the dogs, but better not to start me on that one again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Thais could not possibly be carrying the pox... it has to be those filthy farang tourists again.

How long before we all have to get tested for Monkeypox before being allowed into Thailand?

Then there will be a Thai Monkey-Pass.

Then a Monkeypox vaccine for farangs.

I saw no mention of foreigners in the article, only tourists. Don't give yourself too much importance.

I went to check out the monkeys in Hua Hin the other day and there were only Thais there.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

I saw no mention of foreigners in the article, only tourists. Don't give yourself too much importance.

I went to check out the monkeys in Hua Hin the other day and there were only Thais there.

Ah, but were they local Thais or Thai tourists?  Not that any Thai or Thai tourist would ever be carrying the dreaded Monkeypox.