International vaccine certificate (electronic)

CrossBones

1 hour ago, davemax49 said:

I Also,  got the Yellow Book.

I then used the Mor prom app and downloaded the International certificate, sent to my email address.

Hi, What exactly did you receive ? A QR Code to print ? A PDF to print and attached to your yellow vaccination passport ?

Was it free ? If not did you pay online ?

I am in the process of doing it.. I have no idea if this is useful or not (going to Europe), so any more information welcome ????

Thanks,

Phil

4 hours ago, khunphil said:

Hi, What exactly did you receive ? A QR Code to print ? A PDF to print and attached to your yellow vaccination passport ?

Was it free ? If not did you pay online ?

I am in the process of doing it.. I have no idea if this is useful or not (going to Europe), so any more information welcome ????

Thanks,

Phil

If you go to Mor Prom App,  then select International Certificate > Scroll down slightly,  there is a link that says "Tap to show the Digital Vaccination Certificate" >  Scroll down,  there is an option to Download Certificate in PDF.  Save to your phone and then print off.  Its all free

4 minutes ago, davemax49 said:

If you go to Mor Prom App,  then select International Certificate > Scroll down slightly,  there is a link that says "Tap to show the Digital Vaccination Certificate" >  Scroll down,  there is an option to Download Certificate in PDF.  Save to your phone and then print off.  Its all free

Yes , I know that, thanks, but this one is not the International Certificate, which is the "yellow vaccination Passport". This one is already printed, thanks. Another link is International Certificate, after this, good luck to get something fast with it.

Phil.

6 hours ago, davemax49 said:

I then used the Mor prom app and downloaded the International certificate, sent to my email address.

What's wrong with just having the original certificate you get from the hospital where the vaccine was carried out?

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What's wrong with just having the original certificate you get from the hospital where the vaccine was carried out?

For me,  I only got certificate for when I had 2 shots.  Didn't get a certificate showing the booster.  The Certificate from Mor Prom app,  lists all my vaccines

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, davemax49 said:

For me,  I only got certificate for when I had 2 shots.  Didn't get a certificate showing the booster.  The Certificate from Mor Prom app,  lists all my vaccines

I got certificate updated at the local hospital, two shots plus booster. I will just present it at any airport I arrive at if required.

26 minutes ago, davemax49 said:

Correct, same here. Had my 2XAZ at MedPark, they gave me a certificate which is stamped by the hospital and signed. When I got my 3rd jab, the Pfizer booster, no certificate was given, I asked and they said just download from the mor phrom app. All 3 jabs are listed on the international certificate from the mor phrom app, with dates and details of vaccines used. BUT this certificate from mor phrom isn't stamped or signed. Yes, it does have the QR code, but I'm a bit concerned about showing it for international travel, the certificate would be dead easy to copy and fake or change details. If officials in another country read the QR code then they can check it's authenticity, but just looking at it....unstamped and unsigned....this concerns me a bit. I'd hate to have it knocked back and have to go into quarantine for a week or so.

2 hours ago, grain said:

Correct, same here. Had my 2XAZ at MedPark, they gave me a certificate which is stamped by the hospital and signed. When I got my 3rd jab, the Pfizer booster, no certificate was given, I asked and they said just download from the mor phrom app. All 3 jabs are listed on the international certificate from the mor phrom app, with dates and details of vaccines used. BUT this certificate from mor phrom isn't stamped or signed. Yes, it does have the QR code, but I'm a bit concerned about showing it for international travel, the certificate would be dead easy to copy and fake or change details. If officials in another country read the QR code then they can check it's authenticity, but just looking at it....unstamped and unsigned....this concerns me a bit. I'd hate to have it knocked back and have to go into quarantine for a week or so.

Do you have the Yellow Vaccine Book ?  Each vaccine shot has been stamped and signed in the book.  It was easy to get. Plus easy to travel.  I think that will be enough,  the book plus printed version from Mor Prom.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:17 AM, davemax49 said:

The Mor Prom App doesnt let me sign up. Im not Thai.

• Confused 1

On 6/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, davemax49 said:

Do you have the Yellow Vaccine Book ?  Each vaccine shot has been stamped and signed in the book.  It was easy to get. Plus easy to travel.  I think that will be enough,  the book plus printed version from Mor Prom.

So how and where do I get this Yellow Vaccine Book? I'm in Korat, can I get it without making a trip to BKK?

1 hour ago, grain said:

So how and where do I get this Yellow Vaccine Book? I'm in Korat, can I get it without making a trip to BKK?

You should be able to get it within your local district.  I am in Pattaya,  so got it from the local health department.  I think you maybe able to get it from local hospital where you live.  

1 hour ago, grain said:
On 6/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, davemax49 said:

The Yellow Vaccine Book is not accepted by some countries as it does not contain a QR code. 

For example - UAE, which specifically states a Vaccine certificate needs to be in English (or Arabic) and contain a QR code. 

My Wife obtained the Yellow Vaccine Book (walk in at Bang Sue Station), we have since found it useless.

There is (was) also an Option for an International Vaccine Certificate (not Yellow Book) on the Mor Prom App, but you would have had to have been been registered and had your vaccines linked to your Thailand ID number (same as tax number for some I think). I’m not sure if its possible to ‘back-track this’, but if you can, back-tracking this to get the vaccines officially registered in the ’system’ would be useful in future If boosters are required etc. 

That said, the Mor Prom App keeps evolving - I wanted to print the International Vaccine certificate for my Wife, but that doesn’t show the last two Boosters (the App is glitchy) - thus, we have the Thai Certificate, which also has English and importantly the QR codes - I have edited in Passport Numbers and Vaccine dates in English (with a PDF editor) - and this should tick all the check boxes.

On 6/26/2022 at 5:12 AM, richard_smith237 said:

...we have the Thai Certificate, which also has English and importantly the QR codes - I have edited in Passport Numbers and Vaccine dates in English (with a PDF editor) - and this should tick all the check boxes.

I strongly advise against editing the PDF document to change the passport number as this would lead to a discrepancy between the number shown in the PDF document and the information in the database being accessed when reading the QR code. Some authorities may not take kindly to a falsification of a document.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I strongly advise against editing the PDF document to change the passport number as this would lead to a discrepancy between the number shown in the PDF document and the information in the database being accessed when reading the QR code. Some authorities may not take kindly to a falsification of a document.

Exactly why I have some concern about travel with just the printed pdf.

8 hours ago, Puccini said:
On 6/26/2022 at 10:12 AM, richard_smith237 said:

...we have the Thai Certificate, which also has English and importantly the QR codes - I have edited in Passport Numbers and Vaccine dates in English (with a PDF editor) - and this should tick all the check boxes.

Don't over think it... 

Its not ‘falsifying' any information, changing or removing anything... it's simply adding factual but missing detail - Your passport number. 

No one cares.... but without ALL the required information you could find yourself at the mercy of on over-zealous airline check-in staff member looking for a missing piece of information on a certificate.

My Sons vaccine certificate issued in Thailand (Mor Prom) includes all his information, his Thai ID number and his Passport Number. 

On the other hand my Wife’s vaccine certificate issued in Thailand (Mor Prom) includes her Thai ID, but not her Passport Number - So, I edited in her passport number. It just avoids any potential hassle if someone is going to be a pain in the backside an an overseas airport. 

---------

I’ve already had the issue with an Insurance certificate at an airline check-in. 

My insurance is 3 million dollars, in patient and outpatient, dental and optical, no exclusions covers all illnesses. 

But the certificate of cover did not specifically state ‘including covid cover’.... it just said no exclusions....

Air-line check-in staff nearly rejected my travel until we spoke with someone higher up and I highlighted that I’d entered Thailand already 3x that year with the same insurance letter (and same airline) - it took 30mins of messing around, but the staff really didn’t want to let me on the flight until over-ruled. 

For any travel after that I edited the PDF and added... ’No exclusions, including no exclusions for covid or covid related illnesses’....    It just removes the potential for a jobs-worth who decides they want to be difficult to add unnecessary hassle to my day. 

8 hours ago, grain said:

Exactly why I have some concern about travel with just the printed pdf.

Any one checking only wants to see a piece of paper....   

They have ‘boxes to check’.... they don’t care about anything except that what they have in front of them matches what they are checkin for. 

Even back in April 2021 when the requirements had changed and they removed the need for Day-5 Test&Go.

I presented my Day1 Test&Go booking... but the airline staff were not up to date with the rule change (3 days before hand), they wanted to see the Day5 Test&Go booking....  I told them the rules had changed and that was no longer a requirement. Check-in staff got on their phone, called down a supervisor who requested to see the Day5 Test&Go booking....

I had originally made a Day5 Test&Go booking but had cancelled it when the entry requirements were changed. I still had the printed out booking with me. 

I gave up, showed him the piece of paper that had my Day5 Test&Go booking... they we’re happy. Accepted that and checked me in.

They only cared to see a piece of paper which showed what they wanted to see.... check-box checked, no issues !!... 

I’ve travelled in and out of Thailand numerous times from numerous difference countries.... the one thing which is common during CoE, SandBox and Thailand Pass is that the Airline staff don’t care what they are looking at, just so long as they see a piece of paper which shows that every requirement is met - thats it, just give them exactly what they want to see. 

Edited by richard_smith237

On 6/21/2022 at 3:07 PM, grain said:

If officials in another country read the QR code then they can check it's authenticity

They will not be able to verify the authenticity of the Thai Covid Certificate by reading the QR Code.

There is no international standard on the covid apps and certificates.

For example only very view countries (e.g. Switzerland, Norway or Lichtenstein) harmonized their national covid apps and certificates with the sytem of the EU and transfers the data required for authenticity the QR code into each others databases.

In some countries (e.g. Switzerland) you can online upload the Thai covid certificate into a national web page and ask to transfer the Thai covid certificate into a Swiss covid certificate. When approved you will receive per mail a Swiss Covid certificate with a QR code which is readable in Switzerland and all EU countries. The vaccine status with the vaccination done in Thailand will then also be visable in the Swiss Covid App which contains also the QR Code and can also be used to verify your vaccination or test status.

But ... also the EU or Swiss QR code on the EU or Swiss covid app or covid certificate cannot be used in Thailand to verify your status.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

For any travel after that I edited the PDF and added... ’No exclusions, including no exclusions for covid or covid related illnesses’....  

That could bring you in big trouble as it is basically document forgery.

Indeed, the EU does accept the Thai covid certificate, see link below:

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220212104209378

Just the question now if the systems in all countries have been adjusted and if they realy can read each others QR Code. I wouldn't relay on that and bring a print out of the certificate with me until I saw in person that they can read the QR code on the Covid App.

58 minutes ago, Sato said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

For any travel after that I edited the PDF and added... ’No exclusions, including no exclusions for covid or covid related illnesses’....  

That could bring you in big trouble as it is basically document forgery.

Please don’t tell the teacher.... 

It’s altering the policy or making a statement that isn’t true.

It’s adding a detail that they needed to see (at the time)... hardly forging a whole document. 

Geez... some people are scared of their own shadows.... It's just a box ticking exercise, see it for what it is.

Or, if you are to scared to ‘add a minor detail’ to make life easier then be prepared to face issues when a pathetic jobs-worth identifies you are missing a key word, or your passport number is not on your Vax cert etc...    

Edited by richard_smith237

6 minutes ago, Sato said:

Indeed, the EU does accept the Thai covid certificate, see link below:

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220212104209378

Just the question now if the systems in all countries have been adjusted and if they realy can read each others QR Code. I wouldn't relay on that and bring a print out of the certificate with me until I saw in person that they can read the QR code on the Covid App.

Always bring a print out of your vaccine certificate and have a Digital Copy stored somewhere (i..e in the cloud where you can log into from another device). 

You don't know when your phone will run out of battery etc.

Additionally, due to information security some QR codes (for medical information) cannot be read by overseas or 3rd party authorities.

The QR codes on my Vaccines certificates can be read anywhere (it seems).

But the QR codes on UK NHS Vaccine certificates cannot (if I’m not mistaken). 

Additionally, Apps such as Mor Promp can also be troublesome. 

The Mor Promp app is often updated, but for whatever reasons, it cannot from overseas. 

Once it requires an update we cannot open the App until its been updated, but we can’t updated from outside of Thailand (for some reason) and also cannot re-log in from overseas. 

Thus: Effectively the Mor Promp app cannot be relied upon to show your QR Code and vaccine certificate outside of Thailand.