Where to go for second booster in Pattaya now (Moderna or Pfizer)?

Jingthing

You can walk into Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and pay about 1100 Baht for a Moderna booster. Easy and simple.  There is a separate desk just as you walk in, slightly to the right.

If no attendant is there, just go to the main check in desk and ask. Bring your Passport and your vaccine record and your cell phone (QR code).  The attendant will know what to do.

• Thanks 1

I saw an advert on BHP's FB page a few weeks ago saying that they have a walk-in Moderna vaccination service, though it was fairly expensive. I can't remember how much, but over 1,000 Baht I think.

My first booster was Pfizer so I was thinking of completing the collection and getting Moderna for the second one. OTOH, maybe staying with the free Pattaya City Hospital service at RGP has advantages, as long as it's not as bureaucratically cumbersome as the last time, having to turn up twice, once to register for the vaccine and the second to actually have it.

• Like 1

I don't know about Pattaya, but in my neck of the woods, I was able to just walk in last Friday at the local hospital and get jabbed within 10 minutes. Barely any customers, so it was quick and easy.

Most hospitals in Thailand may offer the same quick service, is my guess.

Today at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya: Walk-in with vaccine record and passport or driving license and off you go. As far as I could see they only promote Moderna at THB 1'200.-- per shot, but that is what I needed anyway. They give you a new certificate. Entry in Mor Prom is on the next day. I was the only one at around 15:00, so at least today it was a swift procedure.

Today received my tirth Pfizer as a booster at Royal Garden first floor (Thai way second floor...????)  total in the back is the vacc. area ....yellow t shirt people for administration after directed to the blue dressed ones, they are for the shot.... totally free ......Pattaya hospital staff ....after 3 working days your online file would be updated .Or you can take it on paper at Soi Buhakao hospital they said .

Some people seems to find the way now ....be warned they take a 12 to 13 clock break for lunch ....i did not noticed so had to take a big walk to kill an hour ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Are there any side-effects to having a 'tirth' Pfizer booster?

?? How would i know i just got the booster shot ...(3th pfizer) ,besides a little pain on the injection place nothing elses... as same as the 2 before...

I just took it as in Home country infections on the rise ...but not dramaticly and i return to E.U. home country leaving Thailand as expat retirèe and might just come back sometime as tourist 3 months . ...anyway the docters calling it a wave coming anyway ...no surprise as all restrictions are lifted and hollidays on the move in crowded desasterious airports ....

Edited by david555

30 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I'm not anti vax but I fail to see why you want get another booster when the vaccines do not prevent infection or spread, see Dr John Campbell interview with top World immunologist who says although vaccines did some good getting boosted for Omicron which escapes all the vaccines will compromise your immune system, the video was posted a few days ago, also interesting data in one of the latest on Natural immunity, which is being ignored 

As said before my first concern is to be prepared for new restrictions to travel as i need to make my flight early September ....and infections/ hospitalisations in Europe on the steady rise again ....

That is my first concern ...not the discussion if vacc. Good or useless , just anticipating on what could be coming again of restrictions.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, morrobay said:

"Are there any side-effects to having a 'tirth' Pfizer booster?"

Those jokers had only my wrong writing "tirth" as target, as my English is awfull ....i am used to such comments for 13 years already on this forum as a non Anglofiel... ???? 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I'm not anti vax but I fail to see why you want get another booster when the vaccines do not prevent infection or spread, see Dr John Campbell interview with top World immunologist who says although vaccines did some good getting boosted for Omicron which escapes all the vaccines will compromise your immune system, the video was posted a few days ago, also interesting data in one of the latest on Natural immunity, which is being ignored 

Translated from newspaper HLN online from my Home country.... https://www.hln.be/medisch/zomer-dus-daar-is-de-nieuwe-coronagolf-alles-wat-u-moet-weten-over-de-nieuwe-variant-omikron-ba-5~a9796dae/

so you know now why i boostered ....for administration in first order, to anticipate for my Sept. Flight... in case of new restrictions ....and this summer touristic travelling nearly begon ????

Summer, so there's the new corona wave: everything you need to know about the new variant omikron BA.5

With just about all indicators — except for the deaths — things are going in the wrong direction.  The health institute Sciensano recorded an average of 2,756 infections per day last week, 46% more than the week before.  The number of hospital admissions rose by a quarter, to 76 per day.  There is more testing and those tests are also more often (one in four) positive.  With a reproduction number of 1.17, the virus is increasing in strength.  The guilty?  Omikron BA.5.  All your questions about this new variant of Covid-19 answered. ( paywall..)

Edited by david555

• 2 weeks later...

I should update my experience with this.

I decided to go to Royal Garden Mall for their free service done by Pattaya City Hospital Soi Buakow. This was my second booster. The first was Moderna at Pattaya Memorial Hospital for a fee.

Now it is July and you can visit there every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in July from 11 am to 3 p.m.

Don't know about their plans for August and later.

For more information call 038-103-900. 

I read in one source that they have Moderna sometimes but not when I visited so I took the Pfizer.

When I went (arrive about 2:15) there were only a few people no line to get the process started. Because they have so much time, they did take my BP and asked some health questions.

It's on the second floor. You register in one room and then sent to a nearby room where the shots happen. After the shot they ask you to sit outside for 15 minutes.

No updated printed certificate is offered. They promise that MorPhrom will be updated within a few days. If you have a problem with that, you can visit the hospital later.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, david555 said:

Today received my tirth Pfizer as a booster at Royal Garden first floor

Warning :  excessive shots of unknown substances may cause some people to add new numbers

to their vocabulary

• Haha 2

I went to Royal Garden Plaza today at around 11.30am for my third shot, first booster -Pfizer, which followed AZx2.

Enter at the Beach Road end. Up one level on the escalator. Just on your right.

There were perhaps 8 people in front of me but they were already progressing through the process and by the time I got to sit and wait for the actual injection I was sat for less than a minute when the time came. Only saw one farang, the rest were Thais. Nothing compared to the crowds and long queues at Central Festival for the previous vaccinations last year.

My decision to get this booster was based more upon ease of international travel than protection.

In addition to Royal Garden Plaza this following link may be useful for other options in Pattaya as well as for Hua Hin, Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen.

https://members.bccthai.com/BCCT/asp/news.asp?NewsID=1101&SponsorID=0

• Like 2