Old man making merit suffers skull fracture after attack by vicious walking-stick wielding monk in Surin

webfact

18 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Is it any wonder that fewer and fewer people believe in religion nowadays?

In my youth (wow, what a memory!) I attended (i.e. was obliged to attend)  chapel and church regularly, but as I learned more and more about the lies that the church told and all the kiddy-fiddling and resultant covers ups that occurred, I was horrified and just let my faith lapse.

One of the blatant lies told by the Catholic Church was that hell awaited anyone, who died without confessing his sins, had he not gone to Mass on a Sunday.  If anyone can show me where this appears in their Bible, I would be interested to see it. 

Muslims kill infidels, and then shout "God is great!"

Here in Thailand, we are increasingly hearing of monks behaving badly and yet I see no reduction in contributions to their cause.  I see some monks living quite easy lives in accommodation that would be fine for me, apparently with enough cash to purchase personal computers, televisions and telephones etc which would suit most people.

Also booze, drugs, gambling, cars and sex. Also Women that do the cooking of free food for them. sorry double quote by mistake.

Edited by brianthainess