Picture of the applicant holding and showing the info page of the applicant’s passport

1. Picture of the applicant holding and showing  the info page of the applicant’s passport ( to identify if the applicant’s face is the same person as the passport holder)

Yep, I tried to google it for an example, but couldn't find any.

I asked 3 friends who are policemen (2 in my home country, and one in Thailand).

I trusted their expertise in criminal matters, but none of them have a clue why the picture I sent in should not qualify.

So if someone knows an example with exact dimensions or similar experience please reply.

Or I might just not be handsome enough to fulfil their requirements.

I had to do this as port of my OA Visa application back in January.  I kept it (KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid.);  

I stood in front of a mirror while holding my passport data page against my face and took a selfie.  I saved it as a JPEG file and uploaded it onto the E-Visa site.  It was accepted and the Visa was approved a few days later. 

Just take a simple selfie while the passport data page, save it and upload it.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I had to do this as port of my OA Visa application back in January.  I kept it (KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid.);  

I stood in front of a mirror while holding my passport data page against my face and took a selfie.  I saved it as a JPEG file and uploaded it onto the E-Visa site.  It was accepted and the Visa was approved a few days later. 

Just take a simple selfie while the passport data page, save it and upload it.  

Yup, that's what I did as well, and I triple checked that everything was submitted. Well I took another selfie, maybe they disliked my shirt, who knows. ????

i used the camera on my computer. Sat in front of it, holding my passport open at the info. page, alongside my face and took the shot.

Example here: https://support.bitkub.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409212932237-How-to-prepare-pictures-and-upload-the-additional-verification-documents-on-Bitkub-website-in-case-your-Thai-national-ID-card-was-too-blurry-or-unclear

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 1

Well just looked at the picture I send yesterday, I took it with the front camera of my mobile. Those shots are not very clear, furthermore they come out horizontally flipped. No idea if that's only on my phone or generally so using the front camera. I usually only do selfies when parachuting. ????

Well, took a new shot with the rear camera, nothing flipped, all clear, hope they're happy now.

i cannot understand why it confused you. 

just ask 1 of your friend to take your photo (portrait photo).. tell him to zoom enough to see your face and passport page. take 3-4 photos im sure 1 will do. 

dont know why you had to google for it. its the easiest thing in the world. not even need a mirror. Thats what friends are for haahah

just keep the background white. im pretty sure you have 1 white wall in your home.

8 hours ago, worldexpress said:

21st century documentation. Can't make this s**t up.

You have to do something similar to register on the NHS app in the UK.  They send you a code number and you have to take a selfie showing the code and upload it, but you only get a few minutes before the code expires, extremely difficult, gave up after 3 attempts.

Probably why only a fraction of app downloads have been registered and most likely via a GP.

8 hours ago, Onerak said:

I took a selfie holding the passport and it came out clearly. Picture dimensions really don't matter as long as the size confirms for upload. My visa was approved. 

That'll cheer him up no end.....555

• Haha 1

A bit off topic maybe but some what related. A friend of mine in Europe wanted to purchase an insurance for a car he had not used in some years, And the Insurance company asked him to take a picture from all 4 sides of the car with an Apple on the roof as a proof it was not crashed.

• Haha 1