Jump to content

Strongest Mobile Internet Provider in Jomtein Atlantis Condo? True is terrible here.


Recommended Posts

I'm staying in the Atlantis Resort Condo in Jomtein for a couple of months.  I got a True SIM Card with a good Mobile Data internet deal 200 B a month, unlimited. 

I am guessing where I am staying must be a blackspot for the True mobile data  signal as the mobile internet speed is terrible, and website loading so slow it is unworkable.  Is there anyone here who has stayed in Atlantis Resort Condon before and figured out which mobile provider has the best signal in this area?

Edited by TomMc
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TomMc said:

I am guessing where I am staying must be a blackspot for the True mobile data  signal as the mobile internet speed is terrible, and website loading so slow it is unworkable.

Probably not a blackspot, but too many people using True and the cell is overloaded.

If you are now using 5G try using 4G or 3G instead, this might result in faster speed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to look at your possible wifi connections to see what bars you get for the other carriers towers ?

Maybe if inexpensive enough just pay a few hundred baht for an AIS data sim for a month and see how you like it, then a DTAC or TOT. Let us know which you change to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, what speed are you paying for, most unlimited data packages have a quiet slow speed.

It probably nothing to do with true or the network is busy, you are probably getting the package speed, can be as low as 1-5 mbps.

for 200B a month, you either get unlimited with slow speed, or full speed with a set data amount.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have True Unlimited with 20 Mbps download right now. 

I'll check out both AIS and DTAC and go for a full speed package, it's worth paying an extra 100 B or two a month for. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 1:13 AM, Peterw42 said:

OP, what speed are you paying for, most unlimited data packages have a quiet slow speed.

It probably nothing to do with true or the network is busy, you are probably getting the package speed, can be as low as 1-5 mbps.

for 200B a month, you either get unlimited with slow speed, or full speed with a set data amount.

You keep posting this, for years, and it's still wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, TomMc said:

I have True Unlimited with 20 Mbps download right now. 

I'll check out both AIS and DTAC and go for a full speed package, it's worth paying an extra 100 B or two a month for. 

 

No need to go for a full speed pack; that will make no difference at all.

 

First thing is simply to buy a SIM for 50 baht and to try it out in your apartment with a cheap(perhaps 10 baht) full speed day pack.

 

Once you have clocked the speed available to you that way, then you buy an unlimited data, capped speed pack to match. If 9 Mbps available, then you buy a 10 Mbps unlimited pack; if 14 Mbps, perhaps a 15 Mbps or 20 Mbps pack. If more than 20 Mbps, you can buy a 30 Mbps pack.

 

Personally, in Jomtien, I had good results with DTAC, though that was nowhere near Atlantis. Everywhere else, AIS was the best. Better to buy both at 50 baht each and test them at the same time. Then you can add the unlimited data pack to the one that wins.

Also be aware that the DTAC connection can be asymmetrical ; e.g 20 Mbps down/4 Mbps up. AIS tends to be more balanced if you can get a good signal.

 

Buying a full speed pack won't get you higher speeds than are available from the network at your location; so ignore the suggestion of buying a full speed pack in the hope of getting higher speeds. Full speed pack is only for testing. i.e *104*851*9# for DTAC or *777*70# for AIS will give you a small test pack(100 MB by volume) for 10 baht. Use that to run your speed tests and then come back here to quote the speeds obtained and for the method of adding the appropriate pack.

 

 

 

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You keep posting this, for years, and it's still wrong.

No, its not wrong, most unlimited data packages have slow speeds. Especially, if like the OP, he is only paying 200 baht a month.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Peterw42 said:

No, its not wrong, most unlimited data packages have slow speeds. Especially, if like the OP, he is only paying 200 baht a month.

 

You are wrong. Your information is years out of date. 

200 baht per month gets you unlimited data at 20 Mbps, with any network, if the connection can bear it. That is fact.

The OP's problem is connected to the poor Truemove H signal available at their particular location.

First step would be to call Truemove H to see if they can do something about it. If not, then refund whilst following my advice above.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You are wrong. Your information is years out of date. 

200 baht per month gets you unlimited data at 20 Mbps, with any network, if the connection can bear it. That is fact.

The OP's problem is connected to the poor Truemove H signal available at their particular location.

First step would be to call Truemove H to see if they can do something about it. If not, then refund whilst following my advice above.

Can you point me to one of these 200 baht a month, unlimited, 20 Mbps packages ?

 

Below is AIS unlimited 10Mps, and its 50 baht " a day"

image.png.cc9f765dade933d4b3e6af455f21d3ae.png

 

 

Edited by Peterw42
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, Peterw42 said:

Can you point me to one of these 200 baht a month, unlimited, 20 Mbps packages ?

 

Below is AIS unlimited 10Mps, and its 50 baht " a day"

image.png.cc9f765dade933d4b3e6af455f21d3ae.png

 

 

image.png.ffa6be003a23289a71cfaa526e75f82f.png

 

image.png.cd97287235619281a1af2ad856926fc7.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you on a high floor by chance?  Many sellers warn that use above 5th floor may not work well.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you on a high floor by chance?  Many sellers warn that use above 5th floor may not work well.  

 

I haven't seen anyone other than NT Wireless suggesting that.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

 

I haven't seen anyone other than NT Wireless suggesting that.

 

 

That may be - believe last I checked was NT but have seen posts about poor high floor reception for others - but perhaps just location.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have True - 99% of the time I only get 3G, on rare occasions I get LTE/4G.

 

All different areas of Chiang Mai.

 

(My current phones are old and possibly or likely incapable of receiving 5G, but obviously can receive LTE).

Edited by JimmyJ
Link to post
Share on other sites

No I'm just on the 3rd floor so not up high at all. I'll try & test both the AIS and DTAC sims and see which works best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

True.  Can get 30 mbs at times.   Is it good?  It's acceptable, since sometimes the speeds are erratic.    I haven't got upset enough to switch back to AIS.  I don't remember why I left AIS, but I guess it was even worse.   Part seems to be luck, phone, location, whatever.... I do seem to always get 4g.  so there's that. 

 

Maybe tonight I'll check with AIS and see what promotions they have.   I'm definitely not a supporter of either one, open to switch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Truemove works like a charm for me in Chiang Mai and Bangkok but always been a hell in Pattaya or down south. In that case AIS is usually the one doing well.

If you have a yearly visa and lease contract should be able to get a post-paid plan, much easier to pay via the app each month as well to change packages. The prepaid packages always causes me issues.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
Link to post
Share on other sites

I use AIS at Atlantis 4th floor wifi box cost 800 baht, monthly less than 300 baht speed is between 30 and 50 mbps all day, unlimited.

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I use AIS at Atlantis 4th floor wifi box cost 800 baht, monthly less than 300 baht speed is between 30 and 50 mbps all day, unlimited.

Could you post the name of the package(you'll have an SMS confirmation) where you get unlimited 30 to 50 Mbps for less than 300 baht per month?

I know of only Unlimited 30 Mbps for 235 baht per month.

 

Run a test using https://testmy.net (Test My Internet > Combined) to see the real speeds you are getting from the WiFi box.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Could you post the name of the package(you'll have an SMS confirmation) where you get unlimited 30 to 50 Mbps for less than 300 baht per month?

I know of only Unlimited 30 Mbps for 235 baht per month.

 

Run a test using https://testmy.net (Test My Internet > Combined) to see the real speeds you are getting from the WiFi box.

Hi Bruno, I am not very internet savvy, but I will try to get the package name for you soon.

 

I have tested the speed often, it is always between 30 and 50 MBPS here.

 

But you should know that this is a FIBRE connection, and is only available in certain buildings/areas.

 

By the way, I just got my bill today, it says 249 baht plus tax, and it also says POWER4CONDO 50/20 maybe that is the package name?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Hi Bruno, I am not very internet savvy, but I will try to get the package name for you soon.

 

I have tested the speed often, it is always between 30 and 50 MBPS here.

 

But you should know that this is a FIBRE connection, and is only available in certain buildings/areas.

 

By the way, I just got my bill today, it says 249 baht plus tax, and it also says POWER4CONDO 50/20 maybe that is the package name?

 

Ok..I now understand it's a Fibre connection and not to do with the OP's query. OP is only there for a couple of months.

Nothing to see here...move along 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Hi Bruno, I am not very internet savvy, but I will try to get the package name for you soon.

 

I have tested the speed often, it is always between 30 and 50 MBPS here.

 

But you should know that this is a FIBRE connection, and is only available in certain buildings/areas.

 

By the way, I just got my bill today, it says 249 baht plus tax, and it also says POWER4CONDO 50/20 maybe that is the package name?

Thanks for getting back anyway. Appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

 

I have tested the speed often, it is always between 30 and 50 MBPS here.

 

But you should know that this is a FIBRE connection, and is only available in certain buildings/areas.

 

By the way, I just got my bill today, it says 249 baht plus tax, and it also says POWER4CONDO 50/20 maybe that is the package name?

While that is of no help to the OP it is currently remarkably low speed for an internet fibre package. However thank you for prompting me to check.

 

Our original signup speed was 20/10 for 390 Baht, over time that has gone up to the current 117/119 speed I tested today, however with a phone call to the service centre it going to be increased to 400/400 in a few days for exactly the same 390 Baht.

 

the long and short is that you should check your provider’s website and see if you can (you should be able to) get a faster speed for exactly the same as you are paying now.

 

EDIT I just got a call back, my area doesn’t have that package. however we are swapping to a 300/300 package for 360 Baht.

they also have a 100/100 package for 260 Baht 

or 500/500 for 460 Baht 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...