New Standard Set for Crematoriums

snoop1130

Wish they would take a look at the pollution being pumped out of the Raja Ferries the smoke is disgusting along with the smell I recently had to cremate a friend 80 minutes before the cremation I had a phone call that I had to deliver 80 litres of fuel in order for the cremation to take place some 2/3 hours into the cremation a further 30 litres was asked for in total 120 litres at a cost of just under 3,000 baht . lve been to a number of cremations in Thailand but having to go buy petrol 80 minutes prior had my heart pumping that much I could of been joining my friend it was an absolute nightmare 

57 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Wish they would take a look at the pollution being pumped out of the Raja Ferries the smoke is disgusting along with the smell I recently had to cremate a friend 80 minutes before the cremation I had a phone call that I had to deliver 80 litres of fuel in order for the cremation to take place some 2/3 hours into the cremation a further 30 litres was asked for in total 120 litres at a cost of just under 3,000 baht . lve been to a number of cremations in Thailand but having to go buy petrol 80 minutes prior had my heart pumping that much I could of been joining my friend it was an absolute nightmare 

That sounds a bit excessive. Are you sure it all went into the cremation oven?

As a point of interest, where did you get all the containers from?

• Haha 1

Last cremation I went to, the mourners were asked for 100 baht each for charcoal. Strange that, it was a gas-fired kiln. 

And by the way, the plural of "crematorium" is "crematoria".

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A new crematorium standard takes effect today to protect the environment and reduce smoke

Oh really!!

Where I lived among the mountains of Lanna in North Thailand, the official crematorium site was outside the village where a brick structure containing logs was used. The coffin was placed on the logs. Wooden buildings at a distance housed the monks and mourners. (stock photo)

265 Fire Coffin Cremation Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

Last cremation I went to, the mourners were asked for 100 baht each for charcoal. Strange that, it was a gas-fired kiln. 

I paid Bt3oo for charcoal  for a young man's cremation over twenty years ago at a Catholic run HIV centre. 

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I don't mind the occasional bit of smoke from the crematorium. I just wish their filter would filter out of the air the bits of ash landing a mile away ! God knows who's landing on me

Surely it would be a nice thought to end on..... that your final effect in this life would be to smear your neighbour's laundry......

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, Grusa said:

Jeez, talk about being pedantic! That's the 1st in my life I've encountered that word and probably the last time as well.

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Jeez, talk about being pedantic! That's the 1st in my life I've encountered that word and probably the last time as well.

You will encouter one,  hopefully you won't know it at the time!