What Happens If You Miss Your 90 Day "check In"?

Is that 2000 baht MORE on top of the regular 2000 baht you pay every 90 day check in?

Damian

You don't pay to check in, it's free.

You can also report by mail, and up to 7 days before or 7 days after the due date.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Notification by registered mail

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 3 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 Days Registration, Room 206

Immigration Bureau,

507 Soi Suanplu, South Sathorn Rd.,

Thungmahamek Sathorn

Bangkok 10120

ps. from the previous website ww.immigration.go.th/....

eugengeri

Edited by eugengeri

I don't know where you obtained that information but the current web site of Immigration lists arrival cards as being TM.6 not TM.3 but admit is has been a few years since I obtained one. Mine is a TM.6

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days->print this

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Offices accepting notification:

Counter 3, Immigration Bureau Office, Soi Suanphlu, Bangkok

Visa extension units, Ratchada Centre (BOI)

Immigration offices throughout the country

Notification by registered mail

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

I don't know where you obtained that information but the current web site of Immigration lists arrival cards as being TM.6 not TM.3 but admit is has been a few years since I obtained one. Mine is a TM.6

I've printed out this on 13.06.06 from the immi-website. One in ENG and one in TH for my wife. In Thai was correct written TM. 6 and in Englisch - sure a typing error - TM. 3.

So it's clear TM. 6 - thank you.

I've printed out this on 13.06.06 from the immi-website. One in ENG and one in TH for my wife. In Thai was correct written TM. 6 and in Englisch - sure a typing error - TM. 3.

So it's clear TM. 6 - thank you.

Just for info..when I went to get my visa I talked with the lady about reporting every 90 Days. She showed me a large pile of postal applications and each had some sort of error..each would have to pay 2000 Baht fine etc etc. She said best to report in person..and I will

No 2000 baht fee regularly? Well obviously incentive to go do that in person and not lose the 2000 baht extra to a lawyer. Ok, so if you're say 2 months overdue for your 90 day check in, can you just go to immigration and get it taken care of with a 2000 baht fine? And everything will be sorted out?

Damian

Wouldn't count on it that anywhere in Thailand you just get away with the 2000 Baht fine if you are late reporting. The upcountry province where I live, after you have done your 90 days reporting, besides the TM 47 form a paper is stapled in your passport which states that besides the fine you have to pay an additional fine of 200 Baht per day that you are late, according to immigration act BE 2522, section 76. Also, but that has been stated before in this forum, going to immigration for extending your visa doesn't exempt you from the duty to do your 90 days reporting seperately.

Edited by keestha

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected.

If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

For details contact 0-2285-5142, 0-2287-3101-10 ext.2262, 2263

Where is the nearest office for the 90 day address reporting?

If done by post how long should one allow for an 'ok' to be sent back from them - so as to allow sufficient time to get up there in person in case there is a problem?

"nearest office"? And you are where? Believe any Immigration office will accept 90 day reports.

You mail visa registered post and keep the receipt. It is not normally processed until the day due so you will not receive it back early. If you have not received the receipt several week after the due date then take receipt with you and make your report.

No 2000 baht fee regularly? Well obviously incentive to go do that in person and not lose the 2000 baht extra to a lawyer. Ok, so if you're say 2 months overdue for your 90 day check in, can you just go to immigration and get it taken care of with a 2000 baht fine? And everything will be sorted out?

Damian

I missed once and got a stamp in my passport about 1/3 of the page in size. Not sure what it said, but it did have "2,000" hand-written in front of the printed "baht", and it was signed and dated so was most likely a record of my failure to report and the fine imposed.

Damian

I was late with the 90 day reporting here in Chiang Mai two months ago - only 9 days due to my 2 year old daughter inadvertantly scribbling over the calendar. It took my Thai husband more than half an hour to talk them down to the minimum fine of 2,000. It can be up to 5,000 baht and the discretionary component has largely been removed, we were told. I think you might need to be prepared for more than 2,000 baht... We were also advised in future to register two weeks to 10 days prior to the actual 90 day date - if they can't process your registration form for whatever reason on that last day it is now a mandatory 2,000 baht - even for one day. Good luck...!

Damian

I know of someone who just got there retirment visa and was not told about the 90 day check in requirement. When he went in two months late, he was told to pay 2000 Baht. He argued that he was never told about this requirement and got his wife as a witness. After his Thai wife came in a saw the immigration officer and backed up my friend's story, he managed to get out of paying the fine. It seems to depend on how persuasive and the mood of the officer of Immigration.

I was late earlier this (in Krabi). In fact, I had lost the slip of paper so I didn't know how long it had been.

Thinking it was better to do "the right thing", I went in and confessed. We met a horrible guy who yelled at my (Thai) husband for not attending to it, saying it was his responsibilty as the Thai person with whom I live, and purported to charge us an 800B fine (which figure he apparently pulled out of thin air).

Another officer, more junior, officer was apologetic but bound by his superior.

As luck would have it, just then another more senior guy who knows us came along and asked what we were doing. I told him my story and he wandered inside, said something to the first guy, then wandered off.

As a result, we didn't have to pay at all.....

BUT the REAL point is, I realised then that THEY also didn't know when the last report date had been. If I had done nothing but waited till I left the country the next time, then reported as usual on my return, no-one would have been any the wiser!

Where is the nearest office for the 90 day address reporting?

If done by post how long should one allow for an 'ok' to be sent back from them - so as to allow sufficient time to get up there in person in case there is a problem?

It only takes 5min. to update your 90 day reporting, why would anyone want to pay postage and have a worry about being correct. And it is free..................... :o

I have ALWAYS send mine by post for the past 3+ years, it arrives back about 14days later with the photo copies and a new reporting form [just change the Visa page very year, otherwise the photo copies are more than 3yrs old]

For me, would be 100 km round trip + it is very difficult to find anywhere to park

We were also advised in future to register two weeks to 10 days prior to the actual 90 day date - if they can't process your registration form for whatever reason on that last day it is now a mandatory 2,000 baht - even for one day. Good luck...!

I thought the rules were plus or minus 7 days if you turn up in person, e.g. report date 15th - you can turn up any date between 8th and 22nd.

It only takes 5min. to update your 90 day reporting, why would anyone want to pay postage and have a worry about being correct.

Probably people who live a long, long, long way from the nearest immigration office? :o:D

I used to send my 90-day report by post to Non Khai about ten days beforehand. Usually the receipt came back OK, but twice it didn't. So I sent it again (enclosing a photocopy of the first attempt) and got the receipt.

But last April, when getting my annual visa extension, the officer told me to do the 90-day reporting in person as they had had so much problem with them being sent in by post.

Fortunately for me, the Nong Khai officers also come to Udon twice a week, and we do our city-shopping in Udon, so 90-day reporting can be fitted in without extra expense. But I can imagine it being expensive for some people over to the West from here.

I wonder a bit about the mid-term and longer-term future, though.

We retiree-husband farangs, being the first bunch, are generally young and fit enough to do all this now. But what about the coming of the "Zimmer-frame years", when we will no longer be so fit?

The attention that the Office of the Attorney General is paying to the legal problems arising in farang-Thai reationships may offer an avenue to prompt the evolving of a more appropriate system for dealing with us who Thailand is willing to have, whilst barring the others, I hope.

BUT the REAL point is, I realised then that THEY also didn't know when the last report date had been. If I had done nothing but waited till I left the country the next time, then reported as usual on my return, no-one would have been any the wiser!

Not true. In order to leave the country you need a re-entry permit. When you go to get that at immigration they will check for your 90 day checkin paper. If you don't have one you will have to pay 2000. Also, if you leave withour the re-entry permit your visa is cancelled and when you return you receive a 30 tourist visa.

That has me thinking. I recieved my OA retirement Visa, went to Thailand for 2 months, left the country planning to return in September. I got nothing when I left the country. Is my OA still valid?

Thanks

You should get another 12 months on arrival.