Grab Working in Phuket?

wimpy

If for taxi better off using inDriver app, if for food Grab are everywhere all the time, they think they own the road these days!

A friend catching a taxi from Rawai to the domestic terminal today, inDriver was quoted 120baht cheaper than Bolt

Edited by beechbum

From least to most expensive, it's usually InDriver, then Bolt, then Grab. I would make sure you download all three apps. In my experience sometimes Bolt is about the same price as InDriver so look at the cost for both. Also, if you're in more remote areas (or it's raining) sometimes there can be more available drivers on one app than another.

From Patong to the airport on Thursday evening around 7 PM the apps showed these rates: Grab 692 THB, Bolt 567 THB, InDriver 515 THB negotiable. A car on the street would likely ask for about 800 THB.

• Like 2

Bolt seems to be okay and Grab taxis do exist and work in Phuket (well, as of a week ago from my experience when I used Grab).

I/we don't use them much, occasionally and always had good experiences both price and transporting-wise for moi and my darling.

I/we don't need to use then for airport runs as we have private arrangements with a few locals who help out wonderfully for those trips.