TOT what is the cheap rate number to phone internationally from Thailand?

MrMuddle

Been trying 009, which has always worked before, but get engaed tones all the time. tried call centre but it takes forever for them to answer.

Thanks for any help.

Please note I do not want advice on where calls are cheaper,with other companies/ or special offers etc, thank you

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Thanks any idea of the cost per minute? I tend to talk a long time with my brother, in Canada!

Sorry no idea as I don't use a Landline, but if possible why not use Whatsapp / Line?

My wife calls her sister in the UK that way approx 2 times a day and they talk for hours (cost free)

But must say both options only work if both of you have internet either via 3G/4G or Wifi.

Edit: Have a look at Skype, there are subscriptions as low as $6.99 per month unlimited minutes (but 0.35¢/min if you use 2000 mins per month which equates to approx 33 hours) with a free trial period

https://www.skype.com/en/international-calls/Canada

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Sorry no idea as I don't use a Landline, but if possible why not use Whatsapp / Line?

My wife calls her sister in the UK that way approx 2 times a day and they talk for hours (cost free)

But must say both options only work if both of you have internet either via 3G/4G or Wifi.

I only use the 'real phone' if I have to call a bank/ office etc in my home country to sort some admin out. Thats where these numbers do well. Other than that, chatting with friends and family is all done over the internet with video streaming etc.

21 minutes ago, sungod said:

I only use the 'real phone' if I have to call a bank/ office etc in my home country to sort some admin out. Thats where these numbers do well. Other than that, chatting with friends and family is all done over the internet with video streaming etc.

Same here.

Another option for the OP is skype

https://www.skype.com/en/international-calls/Canada

Canada Only!

canada.JPG.a63b41d199cb20cdd4432f4f3c010576.JPG

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

I pay Skype USD35 per year for unlimited calls to landlines and mobile phones in the US. For a bit more, you can get a VOIP US phone number so that people in the US can call you using a domestic number.

I think these same offers are available for Canada.

Some banks' 2FA will not work with a VOIP number, but for contacting family, friends and businesses using their US phone numbers, Skype works well.

50 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Thanks for all replies. Tried all the 00 numbers from 001 to 009, nothing worked. Have to wait until Monday when the local office opens. Other options not really viable, thanks.

I use AIS on my mobile and I use 009 all the time to phone the uk ,is they a hold for 009 to Canada??.

3 hours ago, sungod said:

My only experience with calling my banks, retirement fund, credit cards and family in the USA has been via Skype. No problem.

12 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

It's free - if you both have skype

True, but I was assuming that the OP has internet (he posts on here ???? ) and his Brother not, and the Skype to Landlines (Mobiles) is a cheaper way to call his Brother.

@MrMuddle

Skype can be installed on a PC or on a Phone.

(You only need it (your brother does NOT if he doesn't have Internet)

If using it via PC you need to have A microphone attached to the PC.

If using it via a Phone nothing extra is needed!

Link for the app for Phones

Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.raider&hl=en&gl=US

iOS

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/skype/id304878510

Link for the app for PC

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, kickstart said:

I use AIS on my mobile and I use 009 all the time to phone the uk ,is they a hold for 009 to Canada??.

I couldn't get through to Canada or the UK, using any of the prefix numbers from 001 to 009 (dialled before the Country number). I got the engaed signal on every number from both Countries.

I buy phonenet calling cards from the international phone office.......1 baht/min to the US, can call from my mobile phone from anywhere in the country.  You can speeddial the card pin and the international call number.  I've been using this method for many years......easy, cheap

19 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Thanks for all replies. Tried all the 00 numbers from 001 to 009, nothing worked. Have to wait until Monday when the local office opens. Other options not really viable, thanks.

I was having the same problem when trying to phone the UK. Turned out that TOT have an option for customers to bar international calls. For some reason this had been applied to our landline. TOT sorted this out quickly and I can now use 001 or 008.

As others have said, if your brother has internet, you could use the LINE app or Watsap for free calls, including video calls.

I only use the landline for calls to the UK government agencies.

Edited by chickenslegs

1 hour ago, kokesaat said:

I buy phonenet calling cards from the international phone office.......1 baht/min to the US, can call from my mobile phone from anywhere in the country.  You can speeddial the card pin and the international call number.  I've been using this method for many years......easy, cheap

oooh wow! Surprised  that this this still exist

But may I ask what do you mean by "International Phone Office" ???

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

oooh wow! Surprised  that this this still exist

But may I ask what do you mean by "International Phone Office" ???

The C.A.T. office....where I used to go make phone calls back to our daughter in Texas for 55 Baht a minute, back in 1996.  As they have merged with the T.O.T. folks, I'd imagine you can buy the phonenet cards at any TOT office.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Perhaps you missed my first post : " Please note I do not want advice on where calls are cheaper,with other companies/ or special offers etc, thank you"

Well if you dont want cheaper calls then why bother asking for a number to phone through TOT? Use the standard calling numbers and pay the price. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Well if you dont want cheaper calls then why bother asking for a number to phone through TOT? Use the standard calling numbers and pay the price. 

Because I already have a TOT line. I'm not interested in skype or any other company's offers. I want to make cheaper calls using TOT, how hard is that to understand?