Vogue Pattaya and P Plus Pattaya Hotels

pomchop

Both of these hotels look pretty new and decent and close to soi buahkhao.  Vogue is showing at about $15 usd a night and P Plus slightly more on various booking apps.

Anyone ever stayed there or have any first hand knowledge.  They both appear to be the kind that perhaps big tour groups use so maybe that is not so great?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I stayed at Vogue when Chinese zero-baht tours were all the rage. The tour buses had priority parking outside and would sit with their engines idling to keep the aircon running and stink up the whole place, including the open air restaurant. Their underground parking was unlit, damp with half of it given over to junk and leftovers from construction. I never dined there as the restaurant was always  full of Chinese trawling the buffet, smoking and gobbing all over the shop... and diesel fumes.

The room looked like a nice layout with the bedroom separate to a lounge area but in reality, you got two, very narrow rooms, one with a sticky plastic sofa. The bed was OK and the shower functioned as it should with plenty pressure and quick drains. There were signs in Chinese saying not to hang your laundry on the light fittings and the airconditioner vents which were already mangled and bent. The room aircon was rubbish so I opened the balcony sliding door and got the diesel fumes from the buses instead.

The walls were typically thin and with the Chinese being by nature rather noisy...

Having said that, the Chinese have vanished and looking at recent pictures, it appears to have had a facelift but interesting to see if it's just the outside that's been tarted up.

Thank you...that is sort of what i was afraid of as it just has that big tour group look and not sure i want to deal with all that in the elevators and restaurant etc....think i'll stick with the ole reliable sutus court for about same price without the aggravation

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

Anyone ever stayed there or have any first hand knowledge.  They both appear to be the kind that perhaps big tour groups use so maybe that is not so great?

Big tour groups..... only coming from India and maybe China soon.... 

• Like 2

I stayed twice at P-Plus prior to the pandemic, booked of Booking.com for about B600/n.
The room was on the smaller side but very nicely appointed with good linens and a comfortable bed.  There were other people on my floor but the noise level was low.  Staff were helpful and friendly. 

Great value for the price.  I recommended it to several friends who later gave me positive feedback.

Edited by Rimmer

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

No Chinese tour groups at P-Plus.

Must be quite empty.

That's all I can tell.

are the chinese tour groups back in force in pattaya yet?  i really don;t enjoy staying in tour group hotels ...elevators restaurants pool buses noise smoking spitting etc so prefer to avoid that if possible

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pomchop said:

are the chinese tour groups back in force in pattaya yet?  i really don;t enjoy staying in tour group hotels ...elevators restaurants pool buses noise smoking spitting etc so prefer to avoid that if possible

No....perhaps next year though?

• Like 2

I stayed at P Plus about 2 years ago, for 2 weeks, just as the pandemic was breaking. It was a bargain online, about 460 THB, including gym and pool, a good location and a decent room. It closed like most Pattaya hotels when the pandemic got serious.

Why are people talking about Chinese tour groups? There aren't any! A lot of Indians seem to like the far end of 2nd Rd, the Pratamnak end, just a short walk to Walking St and a lot of Indian restaurants. Bangla Mung!

21 hours ago, pomchop said:

Not that I have noticed..... you can select hotels that don't cater to them. 

I’ve used both regularly, but for one night stop overs when I’ve been out for a few beers in the area. Find them generally clean and staff helpful. Vogue has got bigger rooms.

Haven't run across any tourist groups in either, but that might be because there haven’t been any. 

On 6/25/2022 at 11:12 PM, dddave said:

I stayed twice at P-Plus prior to the pandemic, booked of Booking.com for about B600/n.
The room was on the smaller side but very nicely appointed with good linens and a comfortable bed.  There were other people on my floor but the noise level was low.  Staff were helpful and friendly. 

Great value for the price.  I recommended it to several friends who later gave me positive feedback.

P Plus was very, very noisy. Live band in front of the building, right-side of the building, back of the building on soi Buakhao and LK Metro Complex. And this happens every night.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, bradiston said:

Why are people talking about Chinese tour groups? There aren't any!

I read in the print media that we are not able to quote here that some flights are set to resume between China and Thailand in the near future.