can i have a copy or an already translated divorce settlement legalised at the Department of Consular Affairs in bkk ?

Hi everyone , im divorced and in order to apply for a french passport for my 50/50 kid i need to have the thai divorce settlement legalised by the Department of Consular Affairs and translated to french.

Now , i made i think the mistake of having the original paper translated to french first , so both original and translation are now stuck together and there is a translation stamp on the thai document . Will the Department of Consular Affairs accept to legalise it ? If they dont would they accept to legalise a copy i have of it before any translation stamp have been stuck on or do they need the " original ".

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What you have now is a certification of the translation to Thai.

The divorce agreement being is different. Info is here in Thai. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/การรับรองเอกสารที่ออกโดยหน่วยงานต่างๆ

Google translate follows.

image.png.2836815049c6cad7da182bee10d66f5e.png

sorry i dont understand what you mean , what i have now is the thai original divorce registration with a french translation attached to it . And i dont know if they will accept to legalise it since it does have a stamp from french translator on it.

7 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

sorry i dont understand what you mean , what i have now is the thai original divorce registration with a french translation attached to it . And i dont know if they will accept to legalise it since it does have a stamp from french translator on it.

I may of misread your topic and was thinking that you had already had the translation certified.

If the translation has not been stamped by a translation service they may not certify the translation.

It is still 2 different processrd at the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

i have the thai original translated in french . they added a translation stamp on the original thai paper. But anyway i just realised you need to book and cant walk in and queue for a legalisation of document , one month wait for the first appointment.....  and i have my app at french ambasssy next week so im screwed for now.

Had no idea you need to wait one month to have a spot to legalize a document..... its nuts

Edited by SlyouThai

I don't really know but Would the original not be registered on the Amphur/district office central computer, and get something like the KOR ROR 2 (still married) to a similar document to say you are divorced ?

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I don't really know but Would the original not be registered on the Amphur/district office central computer, and get something like the KOR ROR 2 (still married) to a similar document to say you are divorced ?

Not a great copy but this the top part of very old divorce decree.

image.png.90da4b440f28aae2e436cee1b2ed8687.png