how to stop AIS charging a daily internet charge for a top-up sim phone

my wife has an AIS top up sim on her Galaxy 6. she has been getting 300 month (10x30/day) baht charges for using internet. AIS support says turn off the home network connection. I have tried....but I can't figure out how to do that . Can anyone help, plse? . google refers me to settings which are not the same on the phone. tia

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Call AIS and tell them.

I found their call center (if you get through the endless menus and finally speak to a real person) excellent!

I just recently switched from DTAC - AIS and had some issues and they immediately resolved them

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

I found their call center (if you get through the endless menus and finally speak to a real person) excellent!

I just recently switched from DTAC - AIS and had some issues and they immediately resolved them

yes .....  They are very experienced with any issue and explain clearly what to do or they will resolve. 

only thing is I noticed their DNS server crashes sometimes thereby you lose internet ......  happened twice yesterday  and once today.

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes .....  They are very experienced with any issue and explain clearly what to do or they will resolve. 

only thing is I noticed their DNS server crashes sometimes thereby you lose internet ......  happened twice yesterday  and once today.

I use AIS top-up (300 baht/month, unlimited data etc) for my online teaching.  The DNS server resets your connection after 1 hour of continuous use, causing a disconnection. I wrote a .bat script that automatically runs on my computer to 'flush' and reset the connection with AIS every 30 minutes.  It solved the disconnection issue ????

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Edited by simon43
  • Thanks 2

what you need to do are two things:

1. go to AIS shop and ask them to black all internet access from the phone number.

2. make sure the mobile data in your phone is turned off, this will prevent any access to your phone.

however, AIS can gain access to this function and turn it on from distance, that is why

you need to go to the and tell them you never want any kind of internet access.

This way you will be the only one who decide when and where to connect to wifi with your phone.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I use AIS top-up (300 baht/month, unlimited data etc) for my online teaching.  The DNS server resets your connection after 1 hour of continuous use, causing a disconnection. I wrote a .bat script that automatically runs on my computer to 'flush' and reset the connection with AIS every 30 minutes.  It solved the disconnection issue ????

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

That script is a standard to reset the DNS connection .......   usually the server reconnection only takes 1 minute however sometimes it can be longer.

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Just go into any phone shop and they will do it for you,takes about 30 seconds.

Even AIS shop will do it.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Call AIS and tell them.

I had exactly the same problem with AIS. I had two Sims in my phone, DTAC which I use all the time, and AIS which I bought when visiting wife's family in an area which DTAC didn't reach. I decided to keep AIS for "just in case", with 100 Baht of credit. That disappeared over three months or so. I went into the AIS shop in Chiang Rai, the girl did something on her computer which she said would fix the problem. I topped up again. Then I started getting an SMS every month telling me to top up or I would lose my existing balance.

I took the SIM out. I think I put it somewhere safe but I cannot remember where!????

What do you mean by daily internet charge?

There are monthly internet packages, did you sign up for that?

If you did not, then it will charge base on minutes used.

Just turn off the mobile data button on your phone, nothing to do with AIS.

20 hours ago, simon43 said:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Are you sure it’s the DNS server? If so then it’s easy to configure to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or if you don’t like Google then.

D149618C-A9A0-4F40-90D2-E47D0F2E1B14.jpeg.f4d232a735e6248c4ccd49348677b137.jpeg

however is much more likely to be the DHCP server that’s resetting the connection.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 1

Why not go to an AIS store and get a promotion offer that offers Internet and calling.

I'm paying 399 for unlimited calls and 20 GB of data per month from TRUE.  That included free Netflix streaming, albeit at standard quality.

If you go in to AIS or TRUE they'll usually steer you to a descent package/promotion. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 5:09 PM, simon43 said:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

hi Simon,  not sure where you are now, I think you were in Pattaya for a while ....  anyway,

so how can I prevent the AIS DNS server drop outs that occur every day & at night time when I'm watching a movie?  ....  Do I enter the above ipconfig commands in the Command Prompt only once and it will stop the AIS server dis-connections from happening ?  thanks

Edited by steven100

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hi Simon,  not sure where you are now, I think you were in Pattaya for a while ....  anyway,

so how can I prevent the AIS DNS server drop outs that occur every day & at night time when I'm watching a movie?  ....  Do I enter the above ipconfig commands in the Command Prompt only once and it will stop the AIS server dis-connections from happening ?  thanks

If disconnections are taking place, try changing your LTE band.  I solved my issue by changing from Band 1 to Band 3.

There is no one hour disconnection, as I can download images that take hours, with no connection resets.

Have you spoken to AIS about it?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

If disconnections are taking place, try changing your LTE band.  I solved my issue by changing from Band 1 to Band 3.

There is no one hour disconnection, as I can download images that take hours, with no connection resets.

Have you spoken to AIS about it? .... I have and they gave me a new SIM, re-registered it .... I told them I'll see how it goes and if it's still bad I'd be back in a couple of weeks ...   basically, they don't care because if it not so good they just want you to pay more and buy a dearer package ...  put the profits up.  But I'll try what you said .... also I may try a one month NT ( TOT ) SIM in the other phone slot and see how that goes as it's only 190 baht for the month or similar .... only thing is with the NT sim is I heard the registering is a bit complex .....  have to investigate more. 

On 6/26/2022 at 8:16 PM, HB9CPW said:

Try *129*1# . This turns internet off

*129*2# turns it on again.

*129# returns the status of internet connection.

Good luck

Exactly that. Blocks mobile internet on the provider (AIS) side independent of any phone settings.

300 Baht: AIS always eats up to 10 Baht. Then sends an SMS message about it (she should see that!). And then continues with a very low data rate for the rest of 24h.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 6/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, paddypower said:

AIS support says turn off the home network connection.

Obviously lost in translation.

"home network" sounds like WiFi.

Turn >ON< of course (if you have).

On a Samsung phone you find the functions in the "swipe down" menu.

Swiping down from the upper display edge.

47 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

It's set to LTE/GSM auto(PRL)  .....  I don't see any Band 1, or 2 option ......   only LTE, LTE/GSM/CDMA auto, LTE/GSM auto, LTE/CDMA auto, WCDMA, GSM only,   and a few others.   unless I'm looking in the wrong place .... lol

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Have you spoken to AIS about it? .... I have and they gave me a new SIM, re-registered it .... I told them I'll see how it goes and if it's still bad I'd be back in a couple of weeks ...   basically, they don't care because if it not so good they just want you to pay more and buy a dearer package ...  put the profits up.  But I'll try what you said .... also I may try a one month NT ( TOT ) SIM in the other phone slot and see how that goes as it's only 190 baht for the month or similar .... only thing is with the NT sim is I heard the registering is a bit complex .....  have to investigate more. 

I don't really agree with your assessment. They offer a refund when my connection is not up to scratch.

I don't understand why you are considering an NT SIM at 199 baht when all of the networks are offering unlimited, albeit capped at 15 or 20 Mbps at much the same price.

Secondly, the shop won't be able to help you at all, beyond changing the SIM. You need to call 1175 to report it as a fault, if it is a fault. Then technicians can get involved.

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's set to LTE/GSM auto(PRL)  .....  I don't see any Band 1, or 2 option ......   only LTE, LTE/GSM/CDMA auto, LTE/GSM auto, LTE/CDMA auto, WCDMA, GSM only,   and a few others.   unless I'm looking in the wrong place .... lol

What is your device, exactly?