UK visit visa - evidence provided by Thai applicant

i have read the pinned thread about 'UK visit visa basics' and understand this, but have a few more detailed questions about the information (evidence) that the applicant should provide to support the application (- i've searched here but can't find anything.)

i) has anyone done a "template" showing information which is likely to be useful? (i know it's not the same for everyone but most information should be quite similar)

most important thing for us seems to be her current job in Bangkok, where she's worked for many years, and also photos together and 1 trip together outside of Thailand. (parents retired, son graduated and just started working, rented accommodation - i'm guessing all these unlikely to carry much weight)

ii) is there a need to provide "certified" translations of any of the evidence, or is all evidence accepted in either English or Thai?

The UKVI provide general guidlines guide-to-supporting-documents-visiting-the-uk

The applicant needs to satisfy the Entry Clearance officer that, on the balance of probabilities, they will return to their home country, or at least leave the UK at the conclusion of their proposed visit. Not every applicant is employed, some applicants use education or even a stable lifestyle here in Thailand. It can become a problem if they are being sponsored by a partner who lives in the UK, as there might be a suspicion, rightly or wrongly, that they may remain in the UK with their benefactor. You are correct in thinking that it's unlikely that the retired parents and the adult son would carry much weight. Personal photos are on the list of items that shouldn't be included as supporting evidence.  

In response to your second point, the requirement is that if you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, not sure how many Welsh speakers the UKVI employ, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office, the applications are not processed in Thailand so I doubt there are many Thai readers employed. Each translation must contain confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document, the date of translation,the translator’s full name and signature, along with the translator’s contact details. 

• Like 2