Thailand aims to attract more Chinese tourists after two Thai-China flights initially granted operational approval

snoop1130

2 hours ago, actonion said:

I know its illegal in China, But its not illegal in Thailand is it ?.... Second road, North Pattaya  outside my wife"s business premises   emptying their Noses, and Urinating against property  which i am turned off by ..;. any more of your dumb advice?

If you have so much time watching and identifying the nationalities of those who empty their noses and urinating, I have no other advice but salute your dedication. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:40 AM, DFPhuket said:

Even if they come, upon return to China, "All travelers will quarantine at a government-designated location for a minimum of 14 days upon arrival. While in quarantine, health authorities will test travelers as often as daily for COVID-19 and will not permit travelers to leave their rooms. Those who test positive during this quarantine time will be transferred to a government-designated medical or quarantine facility."

Those requirements will put a damper on Chinese who are thinking of coming to Thailand. 

Yes I agree. I know I am stuck here. Also this is the narrative here in China.   https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/CX9jlEmBhx066hHzDcVjdQ

Cai Qi, secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Beijing Municipal Committee delivered a report on Monday focused on the future development plan for the capital during the 13th Beijing Municipal Congress of the CPC. Regarding COVID-19 control, the official stressed normalized COVID-19 control in the capital, and that Beijing will unwaveringly stick to a "zero-COVID" policy. 

This guy is not a vendor on the streets.  So China getting back to normal in the near future, is highly unlikely

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes I agree. I know I am stuck here. Also this is the narrative here in China.   https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/CX9jlEmBhx066hHzDcVjdQ

Cai Qi, secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Beijing Municipal Committee delivered a report on Monday focused on the future development plan for the capital during the 13th Beijing Municipal Congress of the CPC. Regarding COVID-19 control, the official stressed normalized COVID-19 control in the capital, and that Beijing will unwaveringly stick to a "zero-COVID" policy. 

This guy is not a vendor on the streets.  So China getting back to normal in the near future, is highly unlikely

Sorry you are stuck there. But its good news for everyone else, especially us in Thailand?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Sorry you are stuck there. But its good news for everyone else, especially us in Thailand?

I get your point. I am not a tourist. Thailand is the place I call home. Once my contract is up I will be back home.

Is it good for Thailand? I am unsure. With the current mindset of the clowns in charge, as they seem they would rather see the place in the gutter than admit they are wrong or make any improvements.

So the tourism industry will continue to decline and the TOT/Government will continue to give me my daily/weekly laughter medicine with their constant ridiculous forecasts and statements.

There was an announcement a few days ago of China extending the zero-Covid policy for another 5 years. But this is being scrubbed from the media and Chinese social networks so not clear.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/27/asia/china-zero-covid-policy-intl/index.html

Anecdotally, I met a nice, card-carrying CCP embassy girl in Istanbul a few months ago (the elite are still allowed to travel) who told me that China will remain shut until the end of 2023, and this has nothing to do with COVID. Take from that whatever you like. My guess is a power struggle behind the scenes while Xi tries to consolidate the last bits of power that are outstanding. But who really knows with China.

The spitting goes back to Mao, who was famously unfond of "fancy manners" or bourgeois, Western decorum. Was actually seen as a way to show party/class solidarity. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If you have so much time watching and identifying the nationalities of those who empty their noses and urinating, I have no other advice but salute your dedication. 

These particular Chinese were easily identified by the Chinese speaking staff at my wife's office, being so loud  they also create noise pollution...