Masks suggested on BTS?

mnomad

I've followed the mask drama for a while and was aware that BTS were quick to make announcements on Friday saying on their system it was still mandatory.

This morning I didn't notice anything different although maybe I wasnt paying too much attention.

This evening there was an announcement at the platform  that masks use throughout your journey is suggested - now it was raining like hell so it's possible I mis-hear so do correct me if not..  does this replace the mandatory notice or just a further suggestion

When was it changed? Did I hear right - and this applies to both platform and train? Happy days if so - promaskers need not comment

Edited by mnomad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The short summary is: wear a mask.

Because basically all Thais wear a mask and they will look at you like an alien if you don't do it.

Today I was in a good hotel. At the entrance I ask the security guard, who was wearing a mask, if I need a mask. He told me: no.

A minute later I used the lift. The lift stopped one floor up and I heard the guy on that floor: No, don't go in there, the guy has no mask...

Good. More room for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indoors you will still be wearing a mask for sure. In crowded areas I would very much suggest it as well. All public transportation in Thailand is crowded. Right or wrong most Thai's have become addicted to masks. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The short summary is: wear a mask.

Because basically all Thais wear a mask and they will look at you like an alien if you don't do it.

Today I was in a good hotel. At the entrance I ask the security guard, who was wearing a mask, if I need a mask. He told me: no.

A minute later I used the lift. The lift stopped one floor up and I heard the guy on that floor: No, don't go in there, the guy has no mask...

A lift is one place I most definitely still sport an FFP2 mandatory or not.

While trying to decide where to wear a mask, remember May-September is fluenza season. If you didn't get your 2022 flu vaccination, best to wear a mask in crowds or where there's no social distancing, ie., BTS/MRT/buses.

• Like 1

I think they just went from one dumb extreme (having to wear masks in public parks) to another dumb extreme. Surely in a crowded commuter train, wearing a mask should still be required, not merely suggested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As per some European  countries  masks should be enforced  in all indoor locations with few exceptions and gels remain in use. Covid is still around and  killing, maiming and hospitalising people just like  before. The current  strain is a viscous four day flu then wait for long covid to set in.

Strangely, the last few times at Krung Thep, I found myself actually driving around more.  Light traffic due to covid, back when, as it's back to normal now.  Last week, getting into the main, was c r a p, though once there, not too bad, surprisingly.

Driving mainly to avoid wearing a mask on BTS/MRT.  So much for motivating people to use the rail lines, free up traffic & less pollution  ????

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:16 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

As per some European  countries  masks should be enforced  in all indoor locations with few exceptions and gels remain in use. Covid is still around and  killing, maiming and hospitalising people just like  before. The current  strain is a viscous four day flu then wait for long covid to set in.

some? a tiny proportion maybe, actually let's go full out - share your knowledge - which ones in Europe are "enforced" indoor with few exceptions at end of June 2022 ?   From what I see nearly all European countries have acted on science and scrapped all mask mandates within the last few months

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I guess riding maskless on the BTS will get your more space and maybe a seat!

For the past year I have been doing a few fake coughs when on the BTS to get a bit more space.

• Haha 2