Is Disney Hotstar the economy version of global Disney+?

Kinnock

I have Disney+Hotstar via my AIS TV/Internet package, and it seems to be a 'poor mans' version of the Disney+ in other countries?

For example, last week Disney announced Dr Strange 2 will be available on Disney+, but I don't see it on my AIS Disney?

Anyone else noticed differences, or am I missing an update or something?

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It will be available July 1st

Sometimes films are delayed if they are still showing in the cinema

Update: Disney+ Hotstar Thailand will be available to stream subscribers on July 1, 2022, which is the only country in the country using Disney+ Hotstar that is about a week later than other countries. The movie is showing in the cinema. Therefore, the streaming has to be delayed.

https://www.beartai.com/lifestyle/1067616

Thanks for the info - I tried Googling, but didn't find this news.

Not a big deal, but a bit frustrating as I have a Disney+ subscription back in my home country, but when I try to log on here, it defaults to Hotstar.

I guess I need a VPN?

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Not a big deal, but a bit frustrating as I have a Disney+ subscription back in my home country, but when I try to log on here, it defaults to Hotstar.

I guess I need a VPN?

try OPERA browser, it has an automatic VPN that may work for you. Free to try/testout.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I guess I need a VPN?

I use Private VPN and I can get Disney+ along with the US version of Amazon Prime.

Sometimes I need to select a different US server but it always works

Edited by statman78
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, radbe said:

I would like to try private VPN but I don't know how to create it.

There are VPNs and private VPNs, private VPNs are a rather complex beast. 

VPNs Are really simple to use This is a highly recommended one and is remarkably easy to install and use

Hi all

So what was the conclusion from all of the above - does Disney+ Hotstar Thailand have pretty much all the content that the Disney+ has in say UK/US ?   I'm getting advised of an offer for it courtesy of my AIS mobile SIM, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I was just about to try and subscribe for the "standard" service, but if this is essentially the same then no reason not to go for it ?

Marketing gimmick. Hotstar is Indian

so you get Disney AND Hotstar but not Disney + as misrepresented.

My Android USB allows download & login of my Disney + (and my Express VPN) which requires (in Thailand ;like Prime) a VPN showing UK or USA to watch it. Netflix & Apple + don’t need VPN. 

23 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

So what was the conclusion from all of the above - does Disney+ Hotstar Thailand have pretty much all the content that the Disney+ has in say UK/US ?

No it doesn’t 

No streaming service has the same content in Thailand, U.K. or USA.

Often the U.K. has the most then USA with Thailand very far behind, though the order of U.K. vs USA is dependent on the service.

The AIS deal looked cheap, but going direct to the website - 799 baht for an entire year which is cheap.

Select a plan - Disney+ Hotstar

It has all the Starwars stuff which is what I want initially, and at the price of a 3 mth subscription from UK, I think it is worth a shot.

(I noted that Surfshark VPN will not work with it. Even if I connect to their Thai VPN that Thai link above no longer works. I tried a UK VPN for their UK service, and the same, just got error messages)

Edited by Tuvoc