https://aseannow.com/topic/1264321-airfares-from-bangkok-are-already-reaching-crazy-levels/Airfares from Bangkok are already reaching crazy levels

webfact

If you look ahead to August for LHR-BKK, compared to the July quotes provided (which seem reasonably accurate) better deals are to be had in the mid-upper THB 30k range.

It's a supply and demand issue, as airlines and airports (many issues with the latter) ramp up operations again, whilst more travellers are coming back into the market. 

For a while at least, the days of booking tickets a few days or weeks before travelling are over (unless you have money to burn..), and you will be advised to be booking a few months before travel to actually be able to get a ticket and potentially one at a more reasonable price.

• Like 2

Fares change daily or even hourly on different consolidators sites.

I was quoted a fare BKK-SIN-LHR return with Singapore Airlines for 29000 baht for next month with no more than a 2 hour stop in SIN.

I suspect it wasn't around for long, you just have to bash the keyboard on multiple sites to get something reasonable.

A bit of effort can save you a considerable sum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Anyone who tried to book air travel anywhere in the last six months knew this already. The days of cheap fares are gone.

Nothing changed why are you saying that? I've heard this in the news media so maybe you're repeating it from them but this kind of propaganda is like magic spells, if you repeat it over and over again it becomes true.

• Confused 2

Flights have gone crazy from where I live in the US. Prepandemic I was paying $600-800 (granted that was through China). Other airlines were $800-1000 then. Since Thailand started reopening, I was paying $800-1000. Now flights are $1000-1200! ????

I think the days of cheap flights International wise is over unless you want long stay overs in the Gulf states ect 

The price of oil is causing problems world wide on the cost of flying 

On the bright side  it will lower the Carbon footprint keep the Eco people happy ???? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

what happened to all the old employees? I hear these stories often but I don't understand how people can decided to simple go home and not work as if that's ever been an option at any point in human history.

Out on covid leave, because they are ill, it has created a shortage at many locales.

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Anyone who tried to book air travel anywhere in the last six months knew this already. The days of cheap fares are gone. Question for this forum is how much will it affect travel to Thailand? (not so much from Bangkok).

If you booked 2 months In advance tickets were still cheap up until about a month or two ago. 

$600 for a ticket from bangkok to Toronto up until May 

but now it’s $4000

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Only a few months ago it was possible to book a return ticket from Bangkok to London Gatwick for THB19,000 return with Scoot, the Singapore-owned budget airline.

I booked a return flight to my home country back in April for October, it cost me 18,260 baht on sale, today it's on sale again at 22,595 baht, that's a 23.74% increase and on sale, WOW. 

Someone here on another topic said I was made to book so far in advance because we could go into lock down again by then and the airline could go bust by then, and my reply was something on the lines of you tink to muk.

The above said, there are 4 of us travelling so that's a great saving, even on the current sale price because those tickets usually sell for around 28,000 baht when not on sale. 

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Nothing changed why are you saying that? I've heard this in the news media so maybe you're repeating it from them but this kind of propaganda is like magic spells, if you repeat it over and over again it becomes true.

Oil prices have increased markedly, just look at gas prices at the pump. That means Aviation fuel, Jet A1 , will have increased. Fuel prices do get passed on to the passengers, its no secret, as it makes up approximately 40% of the standard running cost of an airline.

https://www.iata.org/en/publications/economics/fuel-monitor/

• Like 2

Nice they mentioned ITA airways (Al Italia) as the lowest price option.

Just in past month they had incident where both pilots fall sound asleep flying over France, so ATC dispatched jets to check up on them, believing plane was hijacked, and another crew damaged Air France plane on tarmac in JFK before flight and took off with damaged wing, claiming they weren't involved.

Wonder what will be the next news bulletin...

• Haha 1