Another Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth over 100,000 baht allegedly stolen by transgender individuals on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

Don't tempt fate...some people just cannot resist the urge to take.

Even saw a chunky necklace grabbed from a customer at a very small noodle shop (sitting almost in the road) in a very average Bangkok soi.

Yeah. This is getting very smelly. Just too many with the same story. The amounts have just increased. Either it’s a scam or they are Very stupid for not reading the news to see it happens all the time. Why oh why would you wear a gold chain out for a night to the bars? Probably fake to impress the girls ????

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jcmj said:

Yeah. This is getting very smelly. Just too many with the same story. The amounts have just increased. Either it’s a scam or they are Very stupid for not reading the news to see it happens all the time. Why oh why would you wear a gold chain out for a night to the bars? Probably fake to impress the girls ????

I am still not convinced these are valid reports of theft...... 

At the moment the police seem content to continue taking the small amount of money a police report costs ..... and surprisingly tolerate the affect on crime numbers, of course detrimental to the pristine image of Pattaya. It would be expected surveillance cameras could prove these crimes true or contrived. 

Don't tell me over half aren't working again!

Edited by jacko45k

One more incident like this and I can see all Indian Tourist will be taxed at the airport for Gold Necklace Insurance. I'm guessing they could be asked to hand over those gold necklaces for 'safe keeping' and have them returned at the end of their trip. Certainly pictures and 'proof' that it is gold is warranted before going thru immigration. Don't these thefts make the Indian News ? Time to create a pop song about Indian Gold Necklaces,  I think.

May I suggest to create a special forum called "Indian Christmas Tree Bunting Stories"? 

If those South Asians think, the Thais are stupid - think again. Thais are certainly not all the brightest candles on the cake and Indians are definitely much faster and better in rhetorics but the necklace-snatching Katoey story starts to wear off. 

11 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They almost deserve it, don’t they? I mean, what kind of idiot brazenly saunters around in the small hours with tat around their neck on Beach Rd Pattaya of all places. Do these show offs not gen up on the place first?

I doubt that many of these claims are genuine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jcmj said:

scam

20 hours ago, Hans Johnson said:

That’s alright, I’m sure it was fake and have travel insurance.  Just make a police report at the local station and submit your claim. Bingo trip and expenses paid for. 

Why not? I am sure many people would do that sme if they could. Just because they chickened out and then became zealous of others doing the same does not make them any more better tourists than the people who are taking advantage of the insurance company. 

1 Time maybe 2 the message would be clear,not 8 times lucky for a ladyboy or group.You hear the news  and you understand don,t lose your gold chain in pattaya.If insurance is claimed back home then the companies would be saying sorry we can not cover it now,possible scam we will look into it

Edited by bristolgeoff